—•—

——

My whole world went black. Leo runs through my mind.

"CYPRESS! CYPRESS HELP ME!" His screams where loud and raspy, it was almost the same as when he screamed for his mom and dad on Reaping day.

A harsh sting goes through my cheek making my head but something hard and cold. I think it was metal.

Another harsh sting goes through my cheek. Warm liquid slowly drips down my face. I finally open my eyes before another punch.

"Good, she's awake." I look at him it's Zayne from District one. And Elliot from District two. I killed Louise from District two. She was one of my first.

"Where's Leo!" My voice comes out raspy like I haven't talked in days. "I'm fine Cypress." I turn my head slightly to the right to see Leo tied up on his knees.

A cold breeze went by making me shiver. I feel ropes around my wrists. And bandages on my arm. I look at Elliot's hands my gloves were now on his hands.

The metal my head hit was apart of the cornucopia.

"Let us go!" "Now why would we do that sweet heart?" Zayne crouched down in front of me tracing my jawline with his thumb.

"We are just three people away from wining." Elliot came up from behind him resting a hand on Zayne's shoulder.

"Oh you know my friend Elliot. His parter was Louise." "She and I were supposed to be the finalist! But instead you killed her." His fists come flying at my face. I moved my head just in time for him to hit the metal instead of me.

He let out a loud pitch scream. And walked inside the cornucopia Zayne quick to follow.

"Leo." I whispered. "Are you okay?" He nodded his head. "Where's Malik." Leo looked down with sad eyes. "I'll get us out of here don't worry." I pushed my hand far back so I can get into my back pocket.

My left hand felt fuzzy since I was cutting off circulation.

I'm so glad I grabbed the paper thin blade from the Maverick.

I start to rub it against the rope I feel the burning sensation in my wrists.  My arm with the deep cut feels like it's pulling apart. I made sure to keep an eye on the entrance of the cornucopia just incase they come out early.

I have more function in my wrist now, so I know I'm getting to the end.

And finally I feel the harsh itchy rope fall. I put the blade back into my pocket.

Zayne and Elliot put all the weapons in a pile. I slowly walk over trying to grab my sword but I'm unable to without making a noise. So I grab the Axe and one knife I shoved it into the pocket of my jacket. And held the axe tightly.