* 17 *

—•—

——

I pulled Peeta up from the ground. I had to reassure him I would keep him safe.

Finnick ran ahead as I walked with Peeta my arm around his waist and his around my shoulders.

Funny to think we were just in this position a while ago, I don't know how long ago. Seems like the days have mixed together. But I do know it happened, that was the night I fully trusted Peeta with my life. We were in this mess together.

I stood next to Roland and Finnick. Boggs was dying, must have blown up. Seems like the holo we supposedly are supposed to trust failed us.

With everyone focus on Boggs they forgot about the other Leeg sister. She groaned in pain. Her sister ran over stopping as the floor went down.

Another trap.

The walls started to shut, meaning the way out was gone.

Black liquid poured from the walls. I looked at Peeta who was stone faced, I pushed him to walk since I new he would stand and be consumed by it all if he had the choice.

But I'm here. And I said I would keep him safe.

"Go! Go! Go!" "Let's go!" "Move!" Everyone spoke at the same time.

I dropped my arm from Peeta's waist and he removed his arm from my shoulder so we could run easier.

As we ran passed now deceased Boggs I grabbed his gun. My hunger games instinct kicked in.

Peeta ran faster than me.

"No no no." I whispered, he's heading straight for Katniss. I tried to run faster but it all happened so fast.

Peeta grabbed the back of Katniss and pulled her to the ground. I looked down for a second to see the back liquid or oil, right behind me. I looked up to see Peeta trying to smash the back of the gun I to Katniss head.

A man who I've forgotten the name of tackled Peeta. I was near him but I didn't know what to do.

Peeta threw the man into the black liquid. Sound of knives came up. And some how got the man and hung him.

"Finnick!" I yelled as I tried to grabbed Peeta, his arms flailed around hitting me. Finnick came and grabbed him for me. But before I fully gave him up Peeta slapped me hard in the face. I was pushed back by the force but quickly recovered.