* 8 *

—•—

——

"Katniss!" I slightly gasped as she entered the room. Plutarch held his hand up stopping me from hugging her.

"...h...i..." Her voice was scratchy. "I'm sorry he did that to you." "Hey kid." Haymitch put his hand on my head.

This is the first time I'm seeing them, Roland got Coin and Plutarch to agree on me seeing Peeta. But through the small windows.

"Send her in." Prim walked into the room that Peeta was in. I met Prim earlier she took checked my vitals she is very kind. 

"Hey." "Prim." "Shes too close." "Shes fine." I answered Haymitch.

"How you feelin'?" "How'd you get here?" "We live in district 13 now. It's a real place. Stories are true. You were rescued." "My family hasn't come to see me. There was an attack on 12." I looked down.

"Do you think they miss us?" Peeta asked me. "Who?" "Our families." "I don't know Peeta, mine are gone."

I looked back up at the two shaking my head from the memory.

"Yes." "My family?" "The bakery didn't survive."

"He's gonna blow." "What?" Plutarch asks. "He's gonna freak out. Get her out of there." "Cypress nothing's happening." "When it does I should be in there." "No." "I don't listen to you Heavensbee."

I ran out the door down the hallway. I could already hear his yells.

"She sent you here to talk to me. She knows you're here now." "It's okay." "She knows... You cant trust her! She's a monster! She's a mutt that the Capitol created to destroy us! Do you understand me? You have to kill her, Prim? You have to kill her! She's a mutt! Kill her." As Prim walked out I ran in Boggs tried to grab me but I pushed through.

"Peeta! Peeta!" He immediately stopped yelling. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Cypress." He slightly cried out.

I grazed the cuffs with my fingers. "Peeta, remember you're not a monster." I grabbed his face to look at me. "You're not!" He nodded as tears fell down his face.

"I kept my promise didn't I? Your safe!" "I don't feel safe." "I know, but trust me, you are." I hugged him one last time before heading to the door knowing Boggs is waiting for me.

"Cypress." "Yes?" "Thank you." "You're welcome Peeta."

——

"May I sit?" Finnick asked me. "Sure." "I'm Finnick Odair." "Cypress Bennett." I held out my hand he looked down sadly then shook it.

"So, tell me about yourself Finnick." "Not much to tell. How about you?" "Not much either. I can't remember a lot."

"Well what do you remember?" He asked nicely he smiled wide.

"And the most charming smile anyone can have." I need to remember.

I shook my head. That was weird.

"My name is Cypress Bennett, I won the 70th hunger games. My friends are Peeta, Roland, Johanna and Beetee." "Well you can add me to that list."

"Finnick, friend." I said to myself.

For some reason I kept Atom out of my memory. I don't understand why I did, he would probably be mad at me for not saying it. But I made sure I didn't.

My hand went subconsciously to my neck. Finnick lifted his hand and grabbed mine pulling it away from my neck. He didn't even look up. It was like a reflex.

He dropped my hand quickly realizing what he did.

"So, I was talking to Roland and I got you something." "You didn't have too." I suddenly felt a weird emotion, I was happy but my stomach started to hurt. But a good hurt?

"It's not much but," he pulled out a notebook and pen. "To help you remember." "Thank you!"

I grabbed the book and flipped it to the first page, before the pen hit the page I stopped.

"How do you spell my name?" I expected him to make fun of me but instead he smiled. He likes to do that I guess.

He spelt my name out for me as I wrote.

"Thank you Finnick." I said again. "I have to leave, but thank you." I grabbed the notebook and pen. "You're welcome, Angel." He said barely above a whisper.

"Hello, Prim." I said walking into the infirmary "Hi." "How are you from earlier? I hope you know Peeta didn't mean those things." "I know." She grabbed the clipboard. "Let's get started."

"No needle? Right?" "Cypress." "Prim." "I have too. I'm sorry. Beetee and Plutarch want to try this new medicine for you. It could bring back your memory!"

"I don't like needles." "I know, I'm sorry. But believe me it won't hurt. You can trust me." "I can't trust people, but, I believe you."

I held out my arm and closed my eyes. A thin cold metal touched my forearm, a little pinch made me slightly jump back.

"Done." I opened my eyes slowly. "Your arm might be sore for a few minutes but it'll go away soon." "Okay. Hey Prim?" "Yeah?" "Are we friends?" "I think so Cypress." "Okay, thank you."

I opened my notebook and wrote.

Friends

Peeta
Roland
Johanna
Beetee
Katniss
Annie
Finnick
Prim

—•—

A/n I really hope I don't get any comments about Cypress being a pick me from the Peeta scene.

"Peeta look at me... this isn't you. You know better." 💀💀

I tried so hard to not make her sound like a pick me lol.