* 14 *

—•—

——

— Cypress pov —

"Really?"  I questioned the doctor told me I'm finished with tests. "Yes Miss Bennett. I'm proud to say you have no more." "Thank you!"

He said my memory is still patchy but it won't hurt me.

He took out all of the needles which I was extremely grateful for. And left, I rubbed my hand up and down my arm, for some reason it felt hot.

I shook my head and got up from the bed my legs wobbled slightly with every step I took.

Right as I made it to the door it opened. Coin walked through. "Cypress, so wonderful to see you on your feet." She held out her hand. "We haven't properly met I am President Alma Coin." I shook her hand slowly eyeing her up and down.

Roland said I can trust her but my gut tells me otherwise.

She dropped my hand and continued.

"I was pleased to hear your tests came back fine." She paused waiting for me to answer but I said and did nothing.

"Right, well you are one of the best fighters and I wish for you to be on the front line fighting." "Fighting?" "Yes." "Who are we against?"

A puff of a small laugh came from her. "The capital of course." "Why not Snow?" "Snow is apart of the Capital." I shook my head she's not understanding me. I clenched my fists.

"Snow doesn't care about the Capital. He doesn't care about the people who live there. Your putting innocent lives at risk!" "Cypress, you've had a long day of tests." She put her hands on my shoulders but I quickly pushed her off.

"No, in fact I am very well rested and fully understand what I am saying! Last I checked I was the one you took from the Capital. Among others. But I was the one who's lived there much longer the Peeta and Johanna and whoever else Snow had captured! Those people there weren't given another choice. I know if they were they'd... they'd..." I turned my head to see Heavensbee pushing a needle into my neck.

"Hush now Cypress. You have a long journey ahead of you."

"They'd." I continued to repeat trying to get the rest of my thought out before everything went black.

——

I woke up in district eight. I went to look for a face I knew but was pushed into a crowd.