* 4 *

—•—

——

"Snow?" "Yes Cypress?" He looked over at me as we walked through his white rose garden.

"Is Atom my boyfriend?" "Cypress." He laughed. "I'm serious, I'm having a hard time remembering things, but I remember him and how he made me feel. Did I ever say anything to you? About Atom?"

"No, you liked to keep things to yourself." "Have you talked to Atom?" Snow grabbed my hand. "I have, he misses you very much. But he loved seeing your face on screen." "I'll make sure to smile bright next time for him."

"Yes you shall." "And, what about this boy that keeps popping up in my mind?" "Who?" "I believe his name is Finnick?" Snows face fell as well as his hand.

He pulled a syringe an at least inch needle, out of his pocket. "There is no Finnick, Cypress." He jabbed the syringe in my neck. My vision started to blur. "Sorry, President." Was the last thing I said before blacking out.

——

I woke up, my back is sore, everything is sore. I wiped the sleep from my eyes, a television sat in front of me. In the white room. Videos of the quarter quell played.

In each video a blonde faded away. It wasn't Peeta cause he stood by Katniss.

The blonde was always near me. I feel sorta bad that I don't remember him.

I remember the games, I just don't remember him.

The door opened I looked to see Atom. A big smile came across my lips. My stomach had gotten butterflies.

"Atom!" I jumped from my seat a hugged him. I slightly pulled on the needle in my arm.

"Cypress." He moved slightly back as I put my weight on him.

"I've missed you." I said into his neck. His hand went up and down on my back making my butterflies get worse.

"Atom, I have some bad news." I sat in my chair as Atom stood in front of me his hand rested on my knee. "What is it darling?"

Darling. My stomach just exploded.

"Well, I've lost some of my memories, I don't remember much of us." "Really!" He coughed. "Really?" He asked in a much sadder tone this time.

"Yes." "Well, I guess we just have to make new ones." He put his hand under my chin and lifted it up. He kissed me. I smiled into his lips, I remember him.

I remember how he once saved me. We where out on a date in a pool, I jumped in and forgot how deep the water was. Atom saved me.

Once a little boy in the capital was screaming and I thought of Leo. And all during his screams Atom held me tight.

And when the quarter quell was announced Atom rushed to my room and calmed me down.

I even remember when I told him I loved him. That's one of my fondest memories.

Before Atom could say anything I wrapped my arms around his shoulders didn't even take him a second to reciprocate.

"I love you too." I said making it feel like a weight of guilt was finally lifted up from my shoulders.

"What?" He moved so I could see his face. "I love you like how you love me. I didn't want to say it before cause everyone I love either dies or has a death wish. But Atom, I love you."

"Cypress Bennett I love you too." I hugged him tightly.

I pulled from the kiss and smiled up at him.

"I love you." He took a moment before speaking. "Love you too." He said quickly then kissed me again.

I looked over at the liquid that was in some sort of IV bag, the word Blebbistatin was in big bold letters.

Atom had to leave after a few minutes, sadness filled me right when he left.

I turned my attention back to the television, a snowy forest. The camera zoomed in, my breath got caught in my throat.

Zayne. Malik. And Leo.

"Malik I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" Leo cried at Malik's dead body. "You did the right thing. Don't worry." Zayne patted his back.

"Elliot is searching for Cypress now. Do you have any idea where she could be?" "No, I promise." "Leo, you said you'd tell me where she is! So where is she!" "I don't know!" Zayne pushed Leo into the snow.

He bent down to get in his face. "Where is she." "I... I can get her attention! I promise!" "How?" "You have to trust me!" Leo pleaded you could see his breath going in and out. Zayne nodded.

Leo took a deep breath.

"CYPRESS! CYPRESS HELP ME!"

I've never seen this point of view it has always been mine. The Capital said they loved seeing my reaction.

The television glitched to the next part. Leo is being tied up I'm across from him unconscious.

"Bandage her up." "That's not part of the deal." "Elliot, you said you wanted to make her suffer, technically your not making her suffer Maverick is." "He's right. Plus it's the last day, we technically don't need the badges." Elliot pleaded to Zayne. "Fine, be quick."

So that was why I got bandaged up. The television flashed and a new video came up.

It's not in the snowy woods anymore. Looks to be the Capitol. The camera zoomed in on three people.

Roland, Blossom and Lilac.

Roland's hand was over his mouth in shock, Blossom had her hand on Roland's back with a sad but still professional look, and Lilac sat with an emotionless expression.

Roland's fists where clenched almost as tight as his jaw was.

"Why snow?" He said extremely low, I'm surprised the microphone picked it up. 

Atom walked up to Roland.

"Don't worry Roland, I'll help you get her sponsors, I have a good feeling about her." "Thank you F- Atom."  The audio glitched.

"Please sir, I'll do anything!" Atom pleaded to a man with bright green hair. "Fine. Here." "Roland I got enough to get her some thermal gloves." "That's perfect thank you Atom."

I popped up on screen again the camera panned over to show what was in my hand.

'To keep you warm, your doing great.'
A.J. And R.N.

Atom saved me, so many times. I'm glad the Capitol is helping me remember.

—•—