12

—•—

——

I was slammed into the ground by Nathaniel, there was rain last night that turned into sleet so the ground is frozen. It feels like a rock.

"Aww look at her. She thought she could out run us." Adelynn crouched next to me. Before they found me I shoved my knife in my jacket but my sword is in Nathaniel's hands now.

"Just let me go Adelynn." I said as my teeth chattered together.

"And not watch you suffer?" Her knee came crashing down on my stomach. A loud grunt escaped me. "Now how should I kill you? Should it last long and painful? Or, short and bloody?"

"Adelynn, hurry up, I'm cold." "Stop your whining Nathaniel can't you see I'm busy!" She took a knife from her pocket. The knee that was on my stomach is now at my side, she was straddling me.

She grazed the knife along my forehead down the side of my face across my jawline. She grabbed my chin making sure I was looking at her.

"So pretty. Yet so, ugly." Adelynn taunted. "Hurry up with the kill. I'm hungry and I want to go back to camp." Nathaniel complained. "Don't you want to find Leo?" She snaps back. "She's our way of finding him."  A sickening smirk that would burn into my memory appeared on her face.

"You two don't get along, you know if you come back with me I promise it will be a better experience. I'll give you... I'll give you all of the gifts we got from the sponsors." I whisper to her.

She doesn't have to know we have none.

"Oohh I like that offer." I nodded. "But what if your lying to me? What have you gotten so far so I know your telling the truth."

Darn I didn't think this far.

"We have... soup, warm soup it's in a thermos. And... a warm blanket." "That's all?" "So far, but if we protect Leo I promise more will come." She stared into my eyes. Her knife started to lower from my jawline.

"How can I trust you?" "How can I trust you?" I retaliated. "Touché." A long pause making Nathaniel groan. "Just kill her already."

"You know what, why don't you! What's the point in you complaining when you can do the same thing!" She yells getting off of me. I sat up quickly.

Nathaniel had his back turned to us. "Because I don't feel like it!" He turned to Adelynn just as she threw her axe into his chest. Blood spewed from his mouth. His lips formed words but all he did was croak as his knees hit the ground.

Adelynn pulled the axe out of his chest as he fell face first in the snow. "He was useless anyway, I probably would have killed him before nightfall. He complained about everything." She turned back to me.

"Here." She handed me my sword. "Get up, your hands are beat red." I looked at my hands and sure enough shes right, their bright red and a dusting of purple on my finger tips.

"We'll go to my camp first I have supplies there. Then we will go to yours." I nodded.

How am I gonna get out of this.

I slowly follow behind her making sure to step where she steps.

"It's just over here." I feel like this might be a trap but I continue to follow.

I can't let her see my camp I can't let her touch Leo.

She came to a stop and grabbed a bag. "Now where's your camp?" I looked at her. Her voice was high and she held onto her axe tighter.

"How can I actually trust you?" I can't tell if that was dumb to say. I suppose I'll find out.

"I killed my partner and just showed you my camp. I'd say you can trust me." She started to look at me like I was her prey.

She adjusted her jacket, the sun hit her hand just right so a glare of bright light hit my eyes.

It blinded me for a second. As I got my vision back she hit my temple with the butt end of her axe. I hit my head on the ground hard. My vision became blurry and my ears started to ring.

I felt a cold icy hand on my chin. "Where is Leo!" "I though we trusted each other?" My words slurred together. "Oh, sweetie I don't trust you as far as I can throw you. Your a great manipulator you almost had me fooled with your sponsors. But you hesitated. You don't hesitate."

"Your right. You don't hesitate." I lifted my knee and kneed her in the stomach. She fell over and I grabbed her axe. I straddled her this time.

"Hmm kill you with the axe or sword." I taunt. She moves under my grip making me hold on tighter.

"Please, Cypress please I misjudged you!" "Yeah I suppose you did." Before she could say another word I swung the axe high in the air it came down hitting her in the head. Killed her instantly.

My body is numb from the cold air.

I feel nothing when I killed her.

I'm not the Cypress I used to be.

I'm a capital monster.

Five.

—•—