11

—•—

——

"Leo I understand your hungry, but, we can't just run our separate ways!" I hear him huff. It's only day two and we are starving. According to the sun that's letting off no heat, it looks to be about noon.

"Cypress." He wines. "Okay! Leo, you stay up in the tree, I'll go look for food." "Thank you!" He climbs up the tree.

I grabbed my knife and sword and walked in a random direction.

All the berries I've seen so far are poisonous. And not an animal in sight. The thought of going to the cornucopia floods my brain.

There was food in some of the crates. But it's bound to be empty. Someone must have taken it over by now.

I walked along the tree line. There's no point to try to be quiet the crunch of the snow under my feet give it away.

So far I see no one. I can't tell if the footprints are from yesterday's advents or new. I finally got the courage to go. Looking in all the crates... nothing.

Not even a crumb. I'm about to turn back when I hear voices.

"I'm telling you Nathaniel, she went in here." "I'm sorry aren't you blind in one eye?" "Half! Half blind!" I believe it's Nathaniel and Adelynn. District ten. I crouched down behind one of the crates.

My heart races. The metal of the cornucopia booms, someone's walking towards me.

"We have to find her and Leo I bet they've already had a million sponsors." Adelynn said her axe is screeching along the floor.

There's been no sponsors for us. I don't want any I don't need the pity.

"Now which crate is she behind?" "Probably none Adelynn. We are wasting time, and we are out in the open." "Oh shut up Nathaniel. Is she behind crate number one?" I hear a loud bang it shook the entire cornucopia.

"Adelynn be quiet!" "Shut up! Crate number two?" Another loud bang. I didn't count how many crates there are.

I see fingers grip the top of the crate I'm behind. This is it. I stood up quickly and kicked the crate. It hit her shin making her topple over.

I tried to run out but Nathaniel gripped my waist. "Let go of me!" I know it's useless to say but I wished there was a little humanity still in him.

"Nathaniel take her outside. I want the world to see the death of Cypress Bennett." They smirked at each other making me shiver.

—•—