* 7 *

—•—

——

People were touching me poking me, needles were pressed into me.

I took a giant breath and sat straight up.

"Stop! Stop! Stop!" I pulled my knees to my chest, I yanked any needles that were in my arm.

"No, don't touch me!" I looked around four doctors surrounded me they aren't from the Capitol.

"Where am I? Who am I?" I gripped my head and rocked back and fourth. "My name is Cypress Bennett winner of the 70th hunger games." I said.

My hands shook as I looked around.

Two doctors left the others stared at me.

"My friends are Peeta, Roland, Johanna and Beetee." I jumped back at the door opening.

"Cypress!" It took me a second to recognize him.

"Roland!" I screamed and ran to him. "Roland!" I cried, my voice slowly became so painful to speak but I continued to.

"She's gone." I let go of him. "I'm so sorry I couldn't save her. I tried! I really tried." My voice cracked. "Who are you talking about?" "Blossom." "She was in the Capitol?" "Yes! I tried to save her I promise I did! I failed! I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." He pulled me into a hug and rubbed my back. "I'm happy you're alive." "Cypress." I looked past Roland to see a blonde.

He ran up and tried to give me a hug I pushed him back. "Cypress?" "You're a killer!" I screamed at him. "Cypress?"

"Don't say my name! I don't know who you are! I've never met you before and you are a killer!" "Angel?" "Stop! No one calls me that!" I looked at Roland.

"Who is he?" "She doesn't know you?" "It's me?" "You're a killer." Tears brimmed his eyes. "You're a monster."

"Finnick why don't you go." The blonde nodded and left. "You don't recognize him?" "No, I was told he is a killer." "What did they do to you in there Cypress." He pushed back hair that laid on my face.

I just stared at him.

"Where's Peeta?" "In another room." "I want to see him." "It's dangerous, he tried to kill Katniss." "Please Roland. I need to see him." "You need more tests done." "No! No more needles!" I yelled.

"Okay. Okay. No more needles." He rested his hands on my shoulders.

"Roland?" He looked at me. "Who was I before?" "What?" "I don't remember a lot. So, what was I like before?" "Cypress, what do you remember?"