• 8 •

—•—

——

The games are still on, apparently Peeta's baby bomb wasn't enough.

"This is goodbye." Lilac said to Roland and I. "Cypress, be quiet but, theirs someone to see you in the hallway." "What?" She nodded towards the door.

"Okay?" I gave Lilac a hug. And walked into the hallway. Finnick was leaning against the wall his hand in his hair which he does when he's nervous.

"Finn? What are you do-" my sentence was cut short his arms wrapped around my waist my arms went around his neck.

"I'm scared angel. I'm terrified." "Why are you scared?" "The games. I really though we could cancel them. I'm scared of losing you. And Mags and Johanna. You're my family. I need you. I can't lose you."

"Finn you don't have to worry about me." He put his arms on my shoulders staring right into my eyes.

"I do. You can't change that. I love you so much Cypress I can't and won't lose you." "I love you too Finn-" "No, no you don't not the way I love you."

"Finn, what are you talking about." He dropped his arms from my shoulders and leaned up against the wall.

"Cypress, I want to get all my feelings out because I know the chances of both of us getting out is low. Cypress Bennett. I love you, not as a friend but love love."

I stood their wide eyed. "What?" "Please." He came up to me and put his hands on my jaw. "Please don't let this ruin our friendship." "Finn."

"Angel if the next words out of your mouth aren't 'I love you too' just walk away please. I don't need the heart ache of actually hearing you reject me."

I do love him.

But what is love?

I loved Leo but that was a sibling type of love.

I loved my mother but that was a parent type of love.

The people I truly love become past tense.

Looking into Finnick's sea green eyes waiting for my answer, his eyes full of hope and innocence. Innocent like Leo's. Full of hope like my mother.

I can't let him become past tense.

"Goodnight Finnick." Is all I say.

—•—