• 9 •

—•—

——

Today is the day.

Emerald and I sat on a hover craft I haven't seen Roland which fills me with anxiety. I stuck out my arm for them to put the tracker in me.

We were quiet the entire ride. I could tell Emerald didn't know what to say to me. But I liked the quiet.

After the conversation with Finnick last night I needed to clear my head.

I stood in a grey room examining my outfit. It's unlike any of the outfits I've seen the tribute have to wear.

I stood in a grey room examining my outfit. It's unlike any of the outfits I've seen the tribute have to wear. It's not thermal. It's thin.

"Tropical or a desert." Emerald said after watching me pull at the outfit. "It's like a wetsuit. One game I'm in freezing temperatures the next I might be sweaty." I tried to defuse the tension.

"30 SECONDS!!"

"Blossom, I don't want to go!" Tears filled my eyes. She grabbed my face gently like my mother did when I had nightmares.

"60 SECONDS TILL LAUNCH!!"

"Emerald, I don't want to go!" Tears filled my eyes. She grabbed my face like Adelynn once did.

"Cypress, it's ok. I know this will be hard but... You can do it. I believe in you. Just think about everyone back home. Your mother, Roland, Lilac, me. Everyone who cares about you." I nodded along.

"Cypress, it's okay. I know this is hard but you can do it! You've done it before. Just remember who's back home for you... Me. I can't be a stylist without my canvas... I care about you Cypress." I nodded along.

"And... become numb. Don't think about what your doing just don't hesitate. Your gonna do things in there you didn't think you could do." I nodded. I know exactly what she's talking about.

"I know this is bad to say, but, go back to your old self. Be cut off from the world. Don't hesitate. Your gonna do things you didn't want to do again." I nodded. I know exactly what she's talking about.

"It's time." I hug her one last time. And made my way to the tube. I try to control my breathing as I watch Blossom wave goodbye.

"It's time to go now." I hugged her one last time. I made my way to the tube. My breathing is controlled. The sense of normalcy fills me. I watched Emerald wave goodbye.