• 10 •

—•—

——

During the night a loud bang was heard. Sounding like a person hitting a gong. But nothing happened except a lightning strike of a tree but I didn't think anything of it, that was until a cannon went off making me nervous.

I stayed awake the entire night my body and mind was drained but I can't sleep. Not just cause of the games but, cause, if I do and I get a nightmare, I tend to scream from them and I'd much rather be tired them becoming the reason we have been spotted.

I think I stared at the same beetle for an hour.

It's fully green with a red dot on its back. It would go back and forth on the same twig until it got to the end and it would turn back.

Then it summoned enough courage to jump off. It faced his fears. I laughed slightly at myself, I found it humorous that I related to a beetle.

Then something happened, I've never seen anything like it. The beetle stopped moving. It was like someone flipped a switch. All of a sudden it flew away.

A big gust of wind came. Freezing cold wind.

Roland started to move around as the wind blew. I looked at my hand to see it cracked and dry. Purple and blue appearing. The cold feeling made memories flood back.

Rain started to fall... no. Not rain... ice.

"Roland we've got to go." The ice pelted us as it came down. It looked like the size of a pearl. But hurt like someone threw an ice cube only inches away from you.

I grabbed Roland. "Ouch, ow!" "I know." More hit us some harder than others. "We are in the jungle? How is this happening?" "Roland we are in the Hunger Games. They like to stir up bad memories for people."

I looked at my hand... Malik...

I grabbed Malik's hand. "Look. Malik's turning purple. I can't feel my feet, my shoulders are aching to the point it hurts to move. We have to finish."

The ice started to stop pelting us. "Roland, wait." I turned it was like the ice was like it was a wall. One side Ice was falling from the sky. This side nothing, it's spotless.

"What the?" "I don't know." Roland was shaking bad from the cold, a giggle came out of me. "What?" "It wasn't that cold." "Oh. Wow." I patted his chest. "Man up."

We walked needing to find water. "Have you slept?" "Yep." "Liar." "I'm not!" "You would have woken me up so you could sleep." "I just wasn't tired, I'm still not."