• 5 •

—•—

——

"Roland will you be joining me in training?" I walked out of my room to see him still in his pajamas. "Maybe." "Roland." I scolded like a mother would a child.

"I'll come down later." I wanted to scream at him to come down and train with me. That he's lucky to have people to fight for but instead I shrugged my shoulders and walked into the elevator.

Once I got down there I tightened my ponytail. This will be the first training I can actually train and not hide my skills.

Katniss and Peeta stood looking at the training room. I waited a few moments and they haven't moved. So I walked in between them hitting their shoulders.

Katniss huffed. "I don't care if Haymitch says to be allies with her. How good can she actually be?" "Katniss give her a chance." Peeta grabbed her forearm. I smirked as I walked to the swords.

"You." I pointed to two peacekeepers dressed in black with padding on. I threw them each a sword. They both caught it as I grabbed another.

We circled each other for a few seconds. One took the first move I bent my back leg slightly ready to defend.

The other peacekeeper took it as an advantage to try and hit my side. I kicked, hitting him in the stomach. I slid my sword down making the guys arm bend opposite of what he wanted.

The screeching of metal made the training room go quiet. If I hadn't had eyes on me for the past five years I would have cared.

The peacekeeper bent to the point he had his knee on the ground I swept the other one making him fully fall. His sword bounced from his hands I grabbed it putting my full attention on the other peacekeeper I had kicked.

I moved my wrist around making the swords make a circle in the air trying to get a feel for the different weights.

The training room is silent. I turned in a circle making the first move the swords flyed in the air I had full control it was like they were attached to me every move I did had a reason behind it. It's like my arms extended in sharp metal.

You wouldn't think this was one of my first times holding the sword in years.

It's like riding a bike, if I had a bike.

He moved back once I was close enough to him where the blade touched his padding. I made an X with the sword and his head was in the middle of it. Instead of closing it and almost chopping his head off I kicked his stomach.

As he laid on the ground I stood over top of him I dropped the other sword and kicked his swords so he was weaponless. I held the sword above my head and put all my strength as it came down.

It landed right next to his head. I got off of him and held out a hand. I could tell even if he has a helmet on he didn't know weather to take it. I shrugged and turned to see everyone staring at me.

Johanna smirked and Finnick looked very impressed. But the two faces my eyes were left on was Katniss and Peeta.

Katniss was trying not to look terrified which only made her face look funny.

And Peeta had his arms crossed and his eyes wide.

I walked towards them as everyone's eyes went back to what they were doing before.

"Was that good enough for you Katniss?" Realization that I heard her conversation earlier washed over her face. "And you can tell Haymitch he can stop trying to make us allies. It won't happen girl on fire." I whispered the last part to her.

"Good luck Peeta I know how it feels to have a target on your back cause of your partner." I patted his back and walked over to Finnick.

"Well you know how to put on a show." He said as he sat watching Mags and Katniss talk. I rested my hand on his shoulder feeling how tense he once was dissolve at my touch.

"I had to, Katniss was questioning if I was actually good or not. Apparently Haymitch wants them to be my allie.

"Uhh, what did you say?" He looked at me. "I said no." "Cypress." He groans. "What?" "You need friends in there."

"I do! I have you Mags Johanna Roland. Finn you already have enough pressure on you to keep Mags alive. Let someone worry about you." I grabbed his hand squeezing it so he knows I'm here.

"Speaking of which where is Roland." I look down at my lap. "He said he doesn't care, which I think is selfish." "Why?" "He has people that want him to live, he has Blossom and a son."

"He has a kid! What's his name." I let my hand slip from his. "Leo." "Oh Cypress." "It's alright, but he has people that need him. And he's throwing that away!"

He was about to comment but all the victors huddled around some glass.

"Let's see what that's about." I stand up as he follows.

I look over Brutus shoulder Katniss is shooting at pixels they run at her and disappear once the arrow flys through them. I will admit she's a good shot.

Wiress starts to clap as Katniss looks at the crowd watching her.

When everyone walked away I moved towards Peeta. "Maybe she'll keep you safe." I shrug. He grabbed my wrist. Making me slightly jump.

"I just wanted to say sorry about her earlier. She doesn't want the games to happen." "No one does Peeta." "Does that mean you'll think about the offer?"

I shrugged my shoulders as Katniss walked over. "Bye Peeta." "Bye."

—•—