* 25 *

—•—

——

Peeta wouldn't stop pacing back and fourth once Katniss and Gale left.

"Peeta please sit. You're making me nervous." "Well I'm nervous Cypress!" "I can tell." "I should've gone with her. I should've convinced her better."

"Peeta, nothing you could've said made that happen." Finnick spoke from next to me.

"He's right. Just try to get some rest and clear your mind." He nodded and sat down.

"Oh, Angel. I have something for you." He groaned as he grabbed his bag. "Here. Just open it."

Cypress' journal

"When Roland. I tried to pull him away, and his bag fell I grabbed it and well. You see."

"Thank you." "I haven't looked in it, but thought you'd want it." I started to flip through the pages to see a new one.

Cypress,

Roland's hand writing.

I don't know why I'm writing this. There's no need for me to. Or maybe there is. I have no clue. But I just feel like I should write it, even tho you're safely tucked away in Finnick's arms at the moment. I don't even quite know what to write, I'm not one for you know feelings. Bloss was much better at this then me. She'd know exactly what to write. Man I miss her. I know you did as much as you could to save her, even if you feel like you didn't, you were there. You were the last thing she saw I'm glad she had a friendly face to look at. If the reason why I'm writing this is because I've died, don't be sad. I'm with Bloss. And that's all I want in life. I get to see her smile again. Tell Leo. my son, he's in District 13, I love him and tell him about who he's named after. And his mother.

I also want to say, I'm sorry I named him Leo. The look on your face when I told you that broke me. Honestly, I didn't think how you would take it, Bloss and I sat down and thought of the best name, and Leo and you changed me. That day on the train, I wasn't drunk. It's just, I never want to get to close to my tributes cause I always knew the outcome. But with you guys. It was different. I told Bloss if we had a girl name her Cypress, but we had a boy. Who I love. I never thought I could after my father I swore I'd never be a father but it's my favorite thing. So please take care of him. And I understand if you can't call him Leo, you can always call him something different. I feel like I'm just ranting on and on. Told you I'm not good at these things.

When looking through your notebook you had nothing about the Capitol. I don't know if I'm upset about that or happy. I want to know what happened but I don't. You're back you're safe and that's all I need to know.

Cypress. I know I should've put this in the other paragraph but it just came to me to write. You know why I wasn't scared of becoming a father, it's cause I had you. I see you as a daughter and a friend. After that conversation during your first games about your father. It made me angry I left to my room that night wishing I could've done something for you. I couldn't think of anything, except to just be there for you.

And I hope I was. I love you Cypress, now I'm gonna stop writing cause I'm getting way to I to my feelings. But love you and if your reading this and I'm gone just know. I have no regrets.

Love, Roland.

Tears fell down my face close to landing on the paper. "Angel, are you alright." I handed him the notebook. 

He skimmed the paper. "Glad I grabbed this." "I am too." I wiped tears from my eyes hoping it will stop.

"Hey Cypress." I look up. "Yeah Peeta?" "Their gonna be safe right?" He stood over top of me and Finnick. "Of course they are." I pulled on his arm and he hesitantly sat down.

He leaned his head on my shoulder and my arm rubbed up and down his back.

"Hey Cypress?" Peeta says. "Yeah?" "In the Capitol what videos did they play?" I could feel Finnick's eyes on the side of my head.

"Bad ones." "Well I know that, but what was it. I feel like I'm so much more broken the you." I shook my head.

"You're not, you remember that notebook we found. You're so much stronger, I was weak and frail they knew how to get to me quick. The videos were of my family, Finnick and Roland. They tortured Blossom in front of me they knew I would've done what ever to keep her safe. And Emerald, she tried to help me but I didn't understand her and that got her turned into an Avox."

I didn't even feel the tear fall down my face until Finnick wipe it away.

"I lived in the Capitol, Snow watched my every move. If they wanted me to turn into their little puppet they knew how to. But you, they had no clue what to do."

"I'll be back to normal right?" "Yes it just takes time." Once I finished talking the shop shook dirt fell from the ceiling.

"We've got to go!" Cressida yelled from upstairs. Peeta and I both pulled Finnick up the stairs.

"Hey kid." Haymitch said. As bombs went off.

—•—