• 2 •

—•—

——

Going back to District Five just to be reaped and go back to the Capital seems like a waste of time. I know I'm going back into the games. Luckily Lilac is keeping me company.

We are sitting in the same chairs Leo and I once did. I stared at his corner of the love seat.

I'm sitting down on a soft love seat with Leo beside me crying his eyes out.

His knees are in his chest struggling to breathe. I want to say something but no words come out. We have yet to see our mentor, Lilac said she'd be right back but I don't know how long it's been.

I look around seeing a cloth napkin sitting on the table. I grab it and poke Leo's shoulder. "Here." He looks up at me his dark brown eyes turned hazel with red around it. "Thank you." I nod my head.

It's hard not to think of him as I sit here. Memories always flood my brain.

"Cypress." Lilac speaks up. I looked at her she looks much different then when I first met her, she's... She's changed. Her eyes are Droopy as if she's about to cry at any moment. 

"You've been staring at the same spot for the last hour." "Oh, I have? Time flys." She got up and sat in Leo's spot. It took everything I had to not yell at her to get up and move. That's Leo's spot!

"I'm so sorry you have to go into the games. You don't deserve it. When we get to Five you'll have about an hour before the reaping. I suggest you talk to Roland." "I will." She gave me a sad smile and walked out the cart.

"I miss you Leo." I mumbled heading to my room.

——

When we got to Five people where already lined up in the courtyard. I made my way pass the peacekeepers to go to the victors village. I walked right into Roland's house.

He sat in his kitchen. "Cypress." He breathes out before rushing to give me a hug. "Your so grown up." "Roland, I wish I visited more." "I do too, but I understand you can't, Snow is terrible man." I haven't told Roland exactly what Snow makes me do. I know if I did... he could look at me differently.

"Daddy!" A little boy no older than two ran from the hallway. "Hey buddy." He picked the boy up, Roland must have saw my confused face.

"Sorry I tried to keep him out... Cypress!" "Blossom!" I rushed over and hugged her so tight I haven't seen her in ages! I have gotten a new stylist after Snow told me he had to fire Blossom which I was confused about.

"Oh, I've missed you." She squeezed me tight. Tears formed in my eyes. "I've missed you too." I got out of the hug as we both wiped the small tears from our eyes.

"What's his name?" I ask smiling at the little boy. They didn't say anything just looked at each other eyes laced with concern.

"Im Leo." My smile fades as the little boy talked. I looked at them both wide eyed. "What?" "Leo!" He smiled. That smile. Almost identical to Leo's. Although that's not hard to do. All you need is innocence and missing teeth and you have Leo.

"Leo?" It felt like glass as I spoke. "Yes." "What a beautiful name." "Thank you." "He's so polite." I laughed. "Bloss teaches him well."

"DISTRICT FIVE PLEASE REPORT TO THE CENTER. REAPING WILL BEGIN IN TEN MINUTES!"

"I'll see you there." I have Blossom a hug. "Bye Leo." "Bye-Bye."

Out of all the names why must his name be Leo. I haven't talked about Leo in years! Now I will be forced to say it each time I see that child. A child who will live without fear even though he has the name of boy who lived in fear.

As got to the center and walked up the steps to the stage. The giant glass bowls only has one slip of paper. Lilac was fixing her dress.

She wore light blue shirt with a light blue skirt. Her midriff shown only an inch. Her hair was kept natural her dark brown curls close to her head.

I looked at my own outfit. I didn't have much time this morning peacekeepers stormed my room I was able to grab a lose white shirt, one I stole from Finnick. And black semi tight pants.

Roland appears on the opposite side of the stage. I give him a nod saying we are good. I know him well enough to know he will be thinking about it the whole reaping. He doesn't need that right now.

"Welcome! Hello! Hello!" Lilac walked up to the mic. It she wasn't as chipper as she usually is.

"As you know this hunger games will be much different than the rest!" She forces a smile. "I will be picking the tributes from the victors." Her words became light at the end, the microphone barely heard it. 

"As usual..." she looked over at me. "Ladies first." Her heels clinked against the metal. She put her hand in the bowl and picked out the only slip of paper. I see cameras zoom on the stage.

I straighten up and gave them a smirk. I bit down hard on my lip to stop any tears escaping.

"Cypress Bennett." I smiled brightly. I've gotten better at faking. I walked towards my spot next to Lilac.

"And now for the boys... Men." She quickly said. I spotted Blossom holding L... Her child tightly. Tears fell down her cheeks.

"Roland Norwood." He walked to his spot next to me emotionless. "Your 75th hunger games tributes." No one clapped, not even Lilac.

I turned to Roland. We stuck our hands out.

"Well, shake hands." Lilac said stepping back. I look at the little boy standing in front of me. I give him a warm smile. And hold my hand out.

I see tears well up in his eyes.

Roland squeezed my hand. I suppose he knew what I was thinking. Peacekeepers grabbed us roughly and shoved us away.

"Wait I need to say goodbye!" Roland yelled trying to fight off the men. "Let him say goodbye!" I yelled. We were thrown into the train before I could get up Roland ran to the door he punched it hard.

I grabbed him before he could hurt himself. "Stop! Roland! It's not worth it! Stop it!" "I needed to say goodbye." He fell into my arms like a young child. Tears ran down his face.

"Why does it seem like you were going to tell them goodbye for good?" I questioned. I stood up as he leaned on the train wall. Lilac sat on the couch. "Roland?" He looked up at me. And started to speak.

My blood began to boiled.

—•—