* 1 *

—•—

——

Waking up in a white room was a given after the Hunger Games.

But waking up in a white room with President Snow sitting in the corner with a furious look is not something I commonly enjoy.

"Ahh Ms. Bennett. Finally awake, you've missed so much." He smiled widely you can almost make out the blisters from the poison on his lips.

I looked around the room unable to speak. "Your in the capital," his voice got low almost trying to be sympathetic. "You and Peeta were the only ones able to survive the games. Johanna is also here but she is in critical condition."

My heart sank and tears brimmed my eyes. No Finnick, no Roland. I knew I shouldn't have loved them. I knew I should have kept my feelings about Finnick to myself!

I'm so selfish! Saying I love him was basically putting a bounty on his head.

Why did I do that! I should have known to never I mean NEVER let your feelings get in the way of the games.

It's easier to lose someone if you don't have an attachment to them.

"I'll let you rest now Ms Bennett." He got up and touched my hand, which was covered in bandages. "Wonderful games." I wanted to move my hand away but I couldn't.

I just stared at his snake like eyes, wishing looks could kill cause I want him dead right now!

He put a needle in my arm. Again I didn't move. I watched as a black liquid went threw my arm, I tensed up at the harsh sting.

Until finally. It all went dark.

——

"Katniss get away from that tree!" Finnick yelled this time running towards Katniss. "No! Finnick! Don't! FINNICK!" I took two steps forward as her arrow flew through the air right as the lightning struck.

I slowly moved at the noise from the outside.

Opening my eyes was a big mistake.

"Katniss get away from that tree!" Finnick yelled this time running towards Katniss. "No! Finnick! Don't! FINNICK!" I took two steps forward as her arrow flew through the air right as the lightning struck.

I watched in horror as Finnick's body burned.

"CYPRESS!" He screamed as flames consumed his body, the arena fell around him... crushing him.