Chapter 36

Now, it was my turn to smack Cage.

Of course, I didn't. I was still too intimidated by him to do that. Unlike Fern, I had the courage of a pencil sharpener that did sharpen pencils but made a squeaky noise when it turned and messed up the tip of the pencil. I had the courage of a pencil sharpener whose blades would be ruined when someone stuck a coloured pencil in me. Wow, that analogy didn't sound as good as it did in my head.

Fern raised her eyebrows (she still had both of them, unlike yours truly) but said nothing. Nick and Heath snickered. My face was so hot I could fry an egg on my cheek. Okay, maybe I should stop with these dumb analogies. They never seemed to work out anyways.

"No thank you." I smiled back at Cage.

"Okay." He smiled back nicely, but it was the kind of smile a seal did to a penguin before gobbling its sorry little butt up. "I'll find it myself. Shouldn't be so hard. Is it covered in Justin Bieber posters?" And with that, Cage turned his merry self around and walked out of the living room, heading towards the staircase.

I gasped and ran after Cage.

"How dare you!" I tugged his sleeve but it did little to stop him. Cage continued going up the stairs, dragging me along behind him. "I do not have Justin Bieber posters in my room! Fern's room and mine look the same. I bet you can't tell the difference. Have fun finding my room, you crumb!"

Cage stopped in front of my door. "It's this one, isn't it?"

I stared at Cage in distaste. Maybe the giant letters that spelled out my name in glitter hanging in front of my door was a bit of a giveaway. Yeah, I probably should have thought this through.

"No."

"November, your name on the door kinda makes it obvious it's your room."

"Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about." I shrugged.

Cage smirked and pushed the door open, much to my horror.

My room looked exactly the same as it did before I was kidnapped. Accidentally, of course. The bed, shoved to one corner (it was a clever placement, that way the creepy crawlies of the night only had one side to attack me from) was covered in pillows and the blue sheets were everywhere. Clothes littered the rose-coloured carpet along. My favourite giant red beanbag surrounded by books lay in the middle of the floor. The walls were covered with pretty pictures and the frilly pink curtains made me cringe.

As if my room looking like a hurricane went through it wasn't bad enough, I spotted one of my bras hanging from the corner of the computer chair. It was lacy and black, something that Fern got for me as an April Fool's joke because she knew I was never going to wear it.

"Cute." Cage smirked, stepping inside.

I closed the door, wanting to sink into the carpet with humiliation. This was the first time a boy has ever been in my room. In fact, I think it's been several years since anyone other than me had stepped into my room. And this wasn't just any teenage boy, oh no. This was the notorious Cage Vickers, CIA's most wanted criminal, who was in my bedroom.

"Hey, you wanna go to Taco Bell? There's one within walking distance." I'd have done anything to avoid the chance of Cage noticing the bra.

The smirk on his face confirmed my worst fears.

"I'd rather not." Cage walked over to the chair. "Princess, I never figured you for a lingerie girl."

Picking the bra up, he chuckled softly. The sight of Cage Vickers, in my room, holding my bra and laughing at it, was more than I could take. Blushing, I snatched it back from his wandering hands and shoved it deep into one of the drawers of my bureau. Cage began to walk around, poking and picking at things while I followed after him, complaining.