Chapter 53

✿ This is the last chapter. ✿

ARRRE YA READY, KIDS?

I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

What would Jesus do after he just stole a police car while trying to get away from a psychopathic killer clown?

Well, he most certainly probably might not have burst into tears.

Like I did.

Sobbing, panicking, and trying to keep myself from driving off the road all at the same time was very hard. I was a mess of all sorts, and those sorts were not the good kind of sorts. Sorts is a funny word. Sorts. Sorts. Sort- okay, I'll stop now.

I felt like throwing up. But then I figured I might get into even more trouble than I already was for vomiting in a police car. You know, the one I just stole in front of the police officers. No, wait. I didn't actually steal it. I just borrowed it. I'm sure everyone would understand. I was trying to avoid getting shot by a crazy killer clown. Maybe there was a way out of this. I'd just have to explain myself right.

Oh, God. There was no way out of this, was there? Even talking wouldn't make anything better. Unless I found the greatest explanation in the history of explanations, I was in for it. Every time I opened my mouth, one thing or the other always managed to get screwed up by my useless babbling.

It was better to just accept how fucked I was than to create some insane backstory that could keep me out of prison. Hey, maybe prison wouldn't be so bad. Free food, free living quarters. It'd be like living in a hotel with a bunch of girls. Did someone say sleepover? A sleepover for life? Sounds great to me. No problem on my part.

Just kidding. I had a lot of problems, and they all started with a man named Cage Vickers.

I was running from the police now.

I just sneaked out of a hospital.

I stole- no wait, borrowed a police car.

Rainbow Clown probably killed Dr. Fritz and the two officers and he was probably coming after me by now.

I had no idea where I was going.

I had no idea where Cage was or if he had been arrested.

I had to pee.

So in other words, I had to dye my hair black, grow a mustache, fake a passport, move to California, and start learning how to fish as a simple fisherman who most definitely was not a seventeen year old teenage convict.

Sniffling angrily, I ran past a red light without thinking. A part of me almost expected a police car to start following me when I ran past it before I realized that I was in a police car and running red lights probably was not illegal for them. Hey, I guess good things did come out of this. I could break any law I wanted and no one would question it because people would think I was a police officer when really I was a teenage girl who burnt off one of her eyebrows.

Swerving madly, I had to go off the road to avoid several collisions on the busy city streets. The high-powered police cruiser was almost too much for my chicken arms to control, but I somehow managed to drive for five minutes straight without crashing. In that time, I stopped sniffling and tried to think of ways to get a fake passport.

I had to get out of the car. I knew there was a tracking system in here somewhere. All cop cars had one to make sure they weren't stolen. No doubt that the police were already after me.

I stepped on the pedal, increasing the speed. The tall buildings and businesses of Chicago began to blur past as I drove my sorry little butt out of the city. I had to leave Chicago immediately. I could deal with Fern and Cage when I had settled somewhere safe. Panicking and freaking out wasn't going to help anything right now. I was safe and I got away...it wasn't gonna be long until the police caught up, but for now, I was okay.