Homecoming

Rumplestiltskin wandered through the woods, limping on his cane. He couldn't believe that his wife had been pregnant again and never told him. Soon, he reached his family cottage.

"Mila!" He cried. "Sienna! Mila!" He ran into the house where he found his beautiful wife holding a baby and his eaqually beautiful daughter sitting in a chair close by. Mila looked at him in surprise. Sienna ran at him with a great bear hug. She was 2 years old with long chestnut hair and deep blue eyes, and a freckle on her left cheek that she was extremely proud of.

"Papa!" She cried, gripping Rumplestiltskin tightly. She had been confused and sad on why he had left. But Rumplestiltskin had eyes only for his wife and his brand new son.

"What is his name?" He asked Mila. Mila didn't smile, but she spoke.

"Baelfire." She answered. He got up and went to her, wincing on his leg . Mila looked at it. "You hurt yourself on purpose so that you may come home, didn't you?" She asked him accusingly. Rumplestiltskin looked hurt.

"I met a soothsayer. She said that I was going to die and it would leave my children fatherless. I couldn't let that happen." Mila looked ashamed.

"Now they are going to live much worse. They will live in shame of their father being a coward!" Mila gave Baelfire to Rumplestiltskin, then ran into the next room of the cottage. Sienna went to her father and laid her head on his shoulder, sitting in the chair beside him. Rumplestiltskin looked at her, then his son, then her again, and smiled.

"I promise. No matter what at come, I will always protect the both of you from any danger."