Through the Portal... Goes Bae

We ran into the cottage where we found father sitting at his spinning wheel,  spinning straw into gold . 

"Papa!" Bae exclaimed.

"We found it!" I shouted. Father looked confused.

"Found what dearie?" He asked..

"A way for you to get rid of your magic and for us to stay together." Bae told him. Father looked uncertain, so we explained to him about the land without magic. At first, he didn't believe us, then he began to deny us.

"I would be powerless. A weakling. "

"Just like everybody else!" Bae and I exclaimed. "Please," I said. "I've already lost my mother to magic. Don't make me lose my father too. If you won't do it for yourself, do t for us. For Baelfire." That's what got his attention, and soon we we're on our way towards the middle of the woods.  Bae through the bean on the ground, and magic swirled around it, creating the portal. I stood guard to make sure that father didn't try to go back. He had a look of sheer terror on his face. 

"My god! It's a tornado!" He screamed. Bae pulled his hand to pull him into the portal.

"Papa! We have to go in!" He shouted

"I don't think I can Bae!" Father shouted.

"Father you have to! It's the only way for us to be together!!" I shouted. I saw Bae give me a nod, which told me to knock father Ito the portal. I didn't want to, but I did. Bae and father slipped into the portal and nearly fell through, but father stabbed his knife into the ground and wouldn't let go. I tried to loosen his grip, but he wouldn't budge.

"Papa! You need to let go!" Bae screamed over the wind that came from the portal.

"I can't! I just can't Bae!" He shouted. That's when Bae lost his temper.

"YOU COWARD! THIS IS OUT ONLY CHANCE TO BE TOGETHER AND YOU'RE TOO MUCH OF A COWARD TO TAKE IT!!" He screamed. Then I heard my father say something that he would come to regret.

"I'm sorry Bae." Then he let go of my brother's hand.

"PAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" I could hear Bae screaming as he fell through the portal, and it closed. I froze, unable to comprehend what just happened. Father panicked and started digging into the dirt, hoping the portal would come back.

"No! Bae! Come back! Come back Bae! I want to come with you Bae! I  want to come with you!"my father sobbed into the dirt. I walked over slowly and my father moved. I kneeled on the spot, and sobbed like my heart depended on it. My brother, my sweet little brother who had stuck by me when times got rough, came to me when he cried, laughed with me during joy, and was my best friend, was gone. Forever. I sat and sobbed, screaming as I went. 

"BAELFIRE!" I screamed. It must have echoed through every kingdom on earth. My father put his arm around me, but I stood and ran away. I didn't want to go back. I ran until I tripped over a tree rot and fell to the ground. I could feel my body go numb. Then I felt myself lifted off the ground by my father, and carried home, without magic.