2 | Frozen

______________

Hold Me While You Wait by Genavieve Linkowski

"Hold me while you wait."

______________

2046
__________

"Judy!" Y/N yelled and spun around; she was lying on her chest as she put her arms back in the water, "I got you, I got you." She grabbed Judy's hands and pulled her, but screamed when the water froze. Y/N's arms were frozen as she laid on the ice, Judy just an arm's length under the surface.

Judy then started to panic, "I can't move! Get me out of here! Get me out!" Get me out! Get me out!" She gasped for air since she was so scared.

"Okay, okay, okay, listen. Control your breathing," Maureen calmed Judy as she made her take deep breathes in and out. "It's going to be okay. Your suit will keep you warm, and you got at least five hours of oxygen."

"Okay," Judy tried to stay calm.

"So, just don't talk any more than you have to, okay?" Maureen calmed her down.

"Y/N, how are you doing," John asked as his other daughter laid, arms frozen, holding into Judy's hands.

"I'm fine," she sighed and kept her breathing slow, "I've actually been through something similar to this before."

"Y/N..." John sighed, "Junior, I just want to say-"

"Don't talk to me about this right now," Y/N snapped and looked over at him, "let's just figure out a way to get Judy out."

John sighed and walked to grab another tool to use as he looked back at Y/N, who looked ahead of her.

After what felt like hours of listening to John use his knife to break the ice, making a hole towards Judy, Y/N laid her head against the ice, her helmet and chest piece now off, since Penny helped her. She watched as John used all his energy to reach Judy.

Judy then spoke on the radio, "you're almost to me, right?"

John panted, "yeah, I'm, uh... I'm getting there."

Y/N closed her eyes and was thinking of ways to get out; her eyes flew open as she yelled, "Will! Will!" She tried to look over her shoulder at the boy.

"I'm- I'm here," the boy scrambled to sit beside her.

"The white fire," she grinned.