12 | Welcome To 1962

______________

Stand By Me by Ben E. King

"I won't cry, no I won't shed a tear

"I won't cry, no I won't shed a tear. Just as long as you stand, stand by me."

______________

2046
__________

Y/N got out of the Chariot when they parked at Victors Jupiter, everyone working on the Jupiter. Don and Y/N walked beside one another as Judy ran ahead into their mother's embrace.

"I'm gonna head inside, see who needs help and grab something to eat," he nodded.

"I'll meet you in there," she offered a smile after they had to go to Evans's family and tell them what had happened. Y/N walked to their mom, "what's going on?"

"We are sending the Jupiter to the Resolute, taking everything we can out. We are going to launch off this planet the old fashion way."

"Like navigation down here," Y/N raised her brows, "and all you have is a pilot?"

"Yes," Maureen smiled and hugged her, "welcome to 1962."

"I think going back 84 years of amazing technology for space travel is a little crazy, but, sure, let's do this." She nodded as she sighed and looked between her mom and sister. "One of my favourite songs is stand by me by Ben E. King," she smiled, "which came out in 1962."

"It' is a nice song," Judy took a breath and looked at their mom.

"Aw, honey, I heard what happened."

"Yea," Y/N nodded as she patted Judys back, "I'm gonna go see what I can do to help."

"Could you rewrite or reprogram the cooling systems, and papers are all in the cockpit," Maureen nodded.

"Yea, that's no-"

"Be careful; you can't pop the stitches," Judy nodded as Maureen raised her brows.

"Stitches?"

"Uh, yeah," Y/N turned and lifted her shirt to show them, "I hung off a cliff and banged into the side of it, and there was a very sharp rock, and this happened," she shrugged.

"Just be careful, please," Maureen shook her head, "you are a clumsy one, aren't you?"

"You know it," Y/N laughed.