37 | Heart To Heart

______________

Heart To Heart by Mac DeMarco

"And so I had a late arrival, so we never got to see the start of each others lives

"And so I had a late arrival, so we never got to see the start of each others lives."

______________

2049
__________

"Hold still, hold still-"

"I didn't move-"

"Not you, kiddo," Don looked over at the mad little girl from his knelt position, and then back at the chicken in his arms, "Debbie. I got you, all right- there you go," Don clipped her ankle bracelet.

"Why does she have a bracelet, is she fancy?"

Don looked at the kid, and nodded, "yes, Debbie is just a very fancy and cool chicken."

"Cool," Ivy grinned and started to pet the animals feathers as it then jumped out of Don's arms when a loud crash echoed from the distance.

"Hey- no, Debbie!" Don yelled when he tried to grab the chicken, but fell forwards into the dirt: The man stood and went to run after the chicken, but quickly stopped, and ran back to the kid, "do you like piggyback rides and treasure hunts?"

Ivy nodded as she smiled, "yea!"

"Okay, lets get you up," Don for the girl on his back, "and the treasure is Debbie, so you're my eyes up there, so try and spot her, well we call her- got it?" He called as he ran through the bush, trying to spot the chicken.

Ivy held her hands to her face, like it was a telescope, and then continuly yelled, "Debbie!"

"Debbie? Deb," Don sighed as he walked with the girl on his shoulders, "this is what I get for clipping your tag. You get a little taste of freedom, first thing you do is abuse it."

"There she is- Debbie!" Ivy yelled as she leaned forward to get down as Don put her down, as she ran to the animal.

"What are you eating?" Don yelled as Ivy grabbed the bird, holding it close, "do not eat that!"

"Ew, gross," Ivy scrunched her nose as she looked up at the man.

"You peck my cheek with that mouth, you are making poor choices," Don then went to take another step and knee down to Ivy, but he couldn't move his left foot, "what the..."

"Are you stuck?"

"No- no, just uh," Don tried to pull his leg, as he mumbled to the sluge, "get off me, get off me!" Don then pulled the hardest he could; falling back onto his butt, making Debbie then jump out of Ivys arms as the sluge are Dons left boot, "no- hey, my boot!"