6 | Recharge

______________

Still Don't Know My Name by Labrinth

"And everytime I think the plan is aligning

"And everytime I think the plan is aligning. You still so close, yet so far."

______________

2046
__________

Y/N laid back on the cold sand, drinking her bottle of whiskey.

They were going to leave, but the Chariot battery was dead. So, a few hours ago, Maureen called the kids to tell them they'd be stranded in the desert until they recharged the battery tomorrow.

Y/N saw her parents sit and talk against the satellite dish, and saw Don going through the Chariot to see if he could fix anything like he had been doing for hours.
She, on the other hand, drank her whiskey and watched the sky as it turned beautiful colours. She then looked over at Don, and walked towards him. She climbed on top of the Chariot and sat down, letting her legs dangle into the trunk. "You know-"

"Jesus!" Don jumped when he spotted the woman, "you scared the living-"

"I think you're a real asshole." Y/N cut him off, "I said it before, but I don't know if you could speak Spanish to understand that," she noticed what he was putting into the trunk.

"I know how to speak Spanish," he sassed, "I'm Argentine, I was born in Argentina. I'm latino and hispanic," he nodded, and looked up at her, "and you are part latina, I'm guessing?"

"I'm Afro-latina or to be more specific Afro-Cuban, so yes." She rolled her eyes, "I don't look African, because I'm light-skinned, which is apparently more socially acceptable, but it's not, because I'm not latina enough, or black enough. And I have a majority white family. Judy and  I are the only ones that look like we are related, but I look more latina." She ranted, and then took a deep breath.

Don looked at the woman, not expecting her to explain herself like that, and rant. He then looked down and nodded softly, "hey, family is family," he shrugged, beating himself up inside because of how he thought he could have done better.

Y/N liked his d looked back down at the man. "Did you know?"

Don took in her rant; learning a bit more about the woman. "Know what," he then continued to load his boxes into the truck.

"Know this wasn't worth the trip? Know that there are no synthesizers? Know that your cargo was here? Know that-"

"Okay, I get it," he huffed and stopped, looking up at the woman, "no, no and yes. Well, it was more of a guess."

"You're an asshole."

"And your a-"

"Finish that sentence, and I will break you," she threatened, jumping down to be almost eye level with him, and inches apart.