41 | All For Us

______________

All For Us by Labrinth & Zendaya

"Taking it all for us, doing it all for love

"Taking it all for us, doing it all for love."

______________

2049
__________

After the group made it back to the base, Penny, Judy went to get Will, along with Ivy as the children were all being evaluated.

All the parents, and Don stood in the control room as the Chancellor said "we need that shield back up."

"Our teams are assessing the situation at the dam," a man nodded, "they're drawing up recommendations."

"I was there," Don then said as he threw a candy in his mouth, "here's my recommendation- those turbines are toast. We don't have enough time to get 'em repaired."

The man then pointed at Don, "who are you?"

"I'm an expert on things that can't get repaired," Don nodded as he then narrowed his eyes, "I don't think that came out right."

The Chancellor then sighed, "what are we supposed to do?"

"To start, we need 200 million watts previously produced by the dam," Maureen nodded.

"Those turbines are irreplaceable," the man shook his head.

"Turbines are just things that spin- anything that spins can generate energy," Lyra nodded.

Like a Jupiter's takeoff and landing engine," Maureen nodded.

"Yes, exactly!" Don clapped his hands as he grinned, "we get a bunch of tiny spinning things to add up to the three giant, irreplaceable ones."

"To pull this off, we need every Jupiter on the colony to fly here immediately," Lyra pointed at the young man.

"You'll plug them all into the city?" The Chancellor raised her brows as Maureen handed her a tablet of the plans, "the grid will overheat instantly."

"Not if you cool the cables with liquid helium," Maureen smirked, "you have enough, I've already checked."

"What if your plan doesn't work? Will the Jupiters still be flightworthy?"

"No, once you jury-rig the engines, the ships are grounded." Lyra shook her head, "there's no going back."

"So the alien robots, you still have one of their engines, correct?"

"Yes," Maureen raised a brow, "we have one on the Jupiter 2; why do you ask?"

"I can't gamble on this," the Chancellor shook her head, "as far as I can tell, that alien technology is the only chance we have. There are other Alpha Centauris out there."