33 | A Machine Whisperer

______________

Black Betty by Ram Jam

"Whoa, black Betty."

______________

2049
__________

Don piloted the Jupiter 2, as he slowly came to the foreign ship, they discovered was the Falcon. "Are you guys sure about this?"

"Yes," Maureen nodded in her space suit as John was following behind her, as they opened the garage and saw the ship. "If she's there..." Maureen smiled softly, "if shes alive, somehow, she could meet her daughter." She looked at her husband, "Y/N, could meet her real mother- she deserves that."

"Maureen, you are her mother-"

"Adopted, but Lyra is her mother," Maureen swollowed hard, as she nodded at her comms, "Don, we are ready for the space jump, hold us here."

"Got it."

Maureen and John jumped to the Falvon ship, untieing their leads as they then entered the old 2020s ship. Lights flickered, as objects floated around. John followed Maureen through the ship, as she then went to the medical bay where the hyper sleep chambers would be.

"Oh, my god," Maureen gasped as she came to the tune to see her best friend, "Lyra..."

"And Pallas?" John raised his brows at his wife, as he stood beside another chamber, "what is he doing here?"

"Only they can answer that question," Maureen nodded looked between the sleeping couple, "lets get them aboard the Jupiter." Maureen quickly downloaded all the files onto a USB Drive, for Y/N, so she could look at them later.

The two astronauts pushed the chambers through the zero gravity, and then tied them and pulled them into the ships large escape hatch on the side, and then brought them into the medical bay.

"Okay, we need to revive them," Maureen looked over the consoles on the chambers as she then clicked buttons as John and Don stood by, watching the chamber glow amd slowly open to Lyra's unconscious form.

The woman in the chamber breathed slowly as she opened her eyes, very out of it, "huh?" Lyra hummed as she looked around and spotted her favorite smiling ginger; who had tears running down her face, "Maureen?"

"Yea, Lyra, it's me," Maureen helped the woman sit up.

"What- what's happening?"