32 | Nice To Meet You.

______________

Nice To Meet You by Cody Simpson

"I could cry, but I'll say, nice to meet you

"I could cry, but I'll say, nice to meet you."

______________

2049

__________

"Hello, Commander Kelly, I'm your daughter. Hello Grant Kelly, I'm your daughter. Hello, I'm your... daughter," Judy repeated to herself as the two sisters made it up the cliff and found the Fortuna.

Y/N walked ahead of Judy as they entered the Fortuna, and walked into the medbay, where the Fortuna astronauts were frozen. "Don't over think it Judes," Y/N looked over at her sister as they stood on either side of Grant Kellys frozen chamber. "You got this, whatever you feel most comfortable with- plus he doesn't know you exist yet, so don't stress."

"That's comforting," Judy shook her head, "you birth father doesn't know you exist either."

"Yeah, but he's not here," Y/N shook her head as she didn't find anyone else aboard alive.

"Oh- Rana, I didnt-"

"Let's just wake him up," Y/N offered a smile as her sister nodded and pressed the button to wake the astronaut up.

"Fortuna wake sequence initiated," the computer called, "wake sequence malfunction. Heart rate decreasing, blood oxygen levels falling, pulmonary response suboptimal."

"Okay, defibrillator," Judy panicked as she looked everywhere, "where's the defibrillator?"

"Judy, a little faster," Y/N called as she was doing chest compressions after the chapter opened.

"Cortisol spiking, capillary response declining."

"We got you, come on," Judy said to her birth father as she came back over and hooked him up to the defibrillator, and shocked him, "come on."

"Vital signs stabilizing."

Y/N watched the two as she checked over his vitals, as Judy smiled at Grant, "hi."

Grant opened his eyes as he looked around, very out of it, "who are you?"

"Oh, I'm- uh," Judy breathed out, as her smile slower fell, "Mr. Kelly, I'm- I'm an astronaut."

After Grant was more awake, he sat up as Judy ran some tests on him; Y/N sitting at a computer trying to get the thing working. Grant looked at Judy as "How did they decide who gets to go? Was there a- a lottery or a..."

"Sort of, but you had to take a series of tests in order to qualify," she nodded.

"So, now thousands of people are living on Alpha Centauri," Grant smiled, "and you're a captain."