23 | The Amber Planet

______________

She Drives Me Crazy by Fine Young Cannibals

"She drives me crazy, like no one else."

______________

2048
__________

Y/N crossed her arms as she listened to Alder speak as they watched the guards secure and throw Scarecrow into a cell. "While the whole world was led to believe that we had suffered from a natural disaster, there were a few of us that knew the truth: that this disaster was anything, but natural."

"The crashed alien ship," Maureen looked at the man.

"Not just a ship, a pilot."

"You telling me that thing, has been flying the Resolute?"

"In a manner of speaking, JR," Alder nodded as he looked over at Y/N, "I couldn't tell you-"

"I realize," Y/N looked at the man.

Alder sighed and looked at the Robinson parents, "before we go in, perhaps we should invite your son to join us."

John raised a brow, "Will?"

"We've been struggling to re-establish
a connection with Scarecrow. From what I've heard, Will has a unique."

"Will is fine where he is," Maureen nodded.

"I'm afraid Ben's getting a little ahead
of himself," a man walked into the room, making Y/N clench her jaw, "Hastings."

"You were CC'd on the classified emails during the build," Maureen looked at the man, "I always wondered what you were in charge of."

"Ready to find out?" Hastings smiled as he looked over at the young woman, "nice to have you back, Agent Venus."

"Sir," Y/N stood stright and crossed her arms as she went into agent mode, Alder doing the same.

"I'm trusting you with this information; please don't share it." Hastings nodded as everyone followed him into a large room that looked like the Robots ship, "the real Christmas star; able to travel across galaxies at speeds we couldn't even dream of. First, we thought we could reverse engineer their technology, but we were like Cro-Magnons trying to rebuild an airplane when we hadn't even discovered fire."

Maureen walked on the platform, "you built the Resolute around the crashed ship?"

"I found Scarecrow right there, right where you're standing. Still in the process of navigating; It was badly damaged, as you can see, but I was able to communicate with him, in a rudimentary way, and get him to take us where we wanted to go," Alder nodded.