42 | It's Over

______________

Venus by Bananarama

"I'm your venus, I'm your fire, your desire

"I'm your venus, I'm your fire, your desire."

______________

2049

__________

John, Pallas and Grant worked on the Chariot as the power of the Jupiter was depleting quickly.

"I heard that, among your various skills of soldiering and growing corn, that you worked on second-grade research projects," Grant nodded at John.

"Judy tell you that?"

"Everyone thought I was gone, but you kept me alive for her." Grant nodded to Pallas, "you kept both of us alive for them."

"A lot of guys wouldn't have done that," Pallas made an approving face.

"You both were fallen heros." John shrugged, "the most decorated astronaut in history, besides Lyra," he smirked as the men nodded. "Sitting at the kitchen table writing your résumé on a big piece of cardboard with markers that smelled like strawberries," John chuckled, "Judy was all over it for her project. Y/N would more- learn about you both and write it down in your journal. She would also force us to go on a 5k run almost everyday so she could train and beat your and Lyra's record of youngest, MI6 and FBI agents."

Pallas smirked, "she did, didn't she?"

"Yeah, full agent by 18, special agent by 19," John nodded as he looked between the dads, "first man to Mars, first special FBI agent under 21. First men to leave the solar system, after Lyra, she did it first... First in a lot of things, I had some big shoes to fill."

Grant raised a brow, "markers that smelled like strawberries, huh? Sounds nice."

"It was."

"All those firsts don't seem like much compared to what I missed," Grant sighed.

"I didn't even know I had a daughter," Pallas sighed, "and now she's a grown woman, with a career, kid and boyfriend?"

"Took me a while to figure that out too and get used too," John nodded at both of them, "but now they both have their dads, they each got two."

"Yeah, they do," Pallas smiled as he looked between the two men, "speaking of, where is Y/N?"

Y/N threw the makeshift bomb as it took out three guards, she then got her guns and shot until she was out of bullets taking seven out.

The woman was full of anger, making her want to fight her favourite way.