17 | Waterworld

______________

Weak by SWV

"Time after time after time I tried to fight it, but your love is strong it keeps on holding on

"Time after time after time I tried to fight it, but your love is strong it keeps on holding on."

______________

2046

__________

Y/N sat on the edge of her bed as her wrist communicator videotaped her from her nightstand. "It is July 29th, 2046. We've been residing on the water plant- or Waterworld." She chuckled, "I call it that because of that stupid movie, dad would always make us watch; that was always his vote." She smiled and opened her journal, "it's been a month now, and we've grown our food in a greenhouse tent we set up and got everyone more comfortable." She nodded, "right now, my family is building a large tent where we can watch exactly what happens with the weather, water currents, and how the planet works. They also are building a watch tower on top of the rock on the other side of the beach, so we have a clear high lookout point so that we can see everything." Y/N then stopped when someone knocked on her bedroom door, "come in."

Maureen smiled at her daughter, "we're going to go out to the watchtower and tent; finish up building everything, and I'm going to run some more tests. We'll be back in a few hours."

"Okay," Y/N smiled as her mom left and then dropped it when she turned back to the camera, "I helped them for the whole time we've been here, but last week, dad noticed how I was injuring my foot even more, and caught me when I was trying to ignore the pain." She nodded softly, "stupid thing won't heal for another like three months, since stupid Sar didn't just break it, he shattered it... Kinda good that I'm staying here," she shrugged, "I've just said how I'll do more things around the Jupiter- which I have." She pointed at the camera, "anyways, this is like the 1,382 vlog, I've made as an agent, I think?" She thought for a moment, "I don't know, I've lost count. This is agent venus, over and out," she stopped the recording and put the communicator on her wrist as she stood up and limped out into the hub.

Y/N leaned against the counter of the kitchen island as her family was finishing putting their space suits on. Penny looked up at her sister, "there's our favorite space assassin," she chuckled.

Judy shook her head with a smile, "how's your foot? When I did the last x-ray, it showed your ankle was- well shattered, so please don't go too hard on it, Rana."

"It hardly ever hurts, don't worry, Judes," Y/N smiled as Don walked in.

"Will, Penny, and I are going to work on the watchtower as Judy and Maureen work on the tent; you'll be here with Don," John nodded at his eldest.

"Yeah, I got to reroute the coolant server in the garage," Don nodded as he noticed that Y/N was death-gripping the counter.

"Okay, we'll see you all in a few hours," Maureen nodded as the five left.