25 | I Promsie, Penny.

______________

Godspeed by Frank Ocean

"I'll always be there for you

"I'll always be there for you."

______________

2048
__________

Y/N left her dad with John as she walked out of the medical tent, up a large rocky hill, and used her communicator to call her, "Casanova?"

"Princess!" Don yelled as he walked through the halls of the Resolute, "you will not believe what I've gone through today; I got punched, boarded the Resolute, and now people wanna punch me even more, and It's like the planet declared war on machines. And as a mechanic, I take that personally." Don ran to deck C as he was looking for a certain storage unit, "uh, C, for crown royal canadaian-" Don mumbled, "ugh, more filters."

"Sounds like a day," she nodded as she looked up at the sun and then back at the tent to see Judy talking to their dad, "I ran 25.5 kilometers, saved my dad, and had a heart-to-heart that should have happened two years ago when I said for him to leave me alone and that I didn't need him," she started flatly, "why are you looking for whiskey, Mr. Smuggler?"

"No reason."

"Hmm, I see."

"How's your dad?" Don changed the subject, "I know we talked last night when you got back to base on the planet, but is he better this morning?"

"Yeah, he doesn't have a hole in his side anymore." She smiled, "we got in contact with mom; she, Will, and Alder are down here trying to find the Robot. I think I'm going to-"

"Go with them?

"Yeah," she nodded as she looked over the notifications on her communicator. "Oh, I gotta go; I got like 28 missed messages from Penny- Don, can you go see if shes okay?"

"Yeah, I'll go visit my favorite Ginger," he laughed.

"My dad will get jealous," she chuckled.

"He better; over seven months stuck together, and I feel he still hasn't warmed up to me because he doesn't want us ever to be a thing."

"He loves you," she chuckled as she started to walk down the hill, "now, go check on Penny. I won't be able to contact you after I walk down the hill."

"And I l-" Don tried to finish his sentence, but the comms let go, "come on," he sighed and walked through the Resolute. Don sighed, knowing Y/N would hate that he left her hanging, but he also knew this woman wasn't good with sharing her feelings, especially over comms. "Damn it," he mumbled.

"Don." Y/N called softly when the disconnection cut him off; "he wasn't gonna say," the woman stopped and sighed, "no, he wouldn't."

Y/N walked down the rocky hill, going to check on her dad, and then walked outside the tent to play Pennys messages, making her freeze. "Rana, we're stuck in the classroom, something is happening, and we're locked in." She then played the next one, "the metal-eating virus thing is on the ship-" Y/N looked around and noticed how no other Jupiter ships were leaving the planet. "Y/N, they're going to leave us! I-I think they'll gonna blow us into space- we don't know-."