7 | Survivors

______________

my future by Billie Eilish

"Your so handsome."

______________

2046
__________

Yesterday the survivors came to the Jupiter 2, and started on the project of making a signal that could reach the Resolute. After a hard day's work, they all went back to rest for the night at their own Jupiters.

The next day, Y/N awoke and walked into the cockpit, sitting on the big window ledge. She sighed and laid her head back as she held onto her journal.

"Y/N?" Maureen walked into the cockpit when she found her eldest awake so early, "you okay?"

"Oh, uh, yeah," she smiled as he mother said in front of her, "just perfect."

"You always are, but you're still in your PJs," she chuckled, referring to her PJ bottoms and tank top. Maureen then noticed what she was reading, "the journal?"

"It was my mamà (mother) and papá's (father's); they wrote in this about their small missions in space and agent missions before they went missing, searching for the Fortuna. Maybe Im not looking hard enough; maybe they wrote about something that could help us." She held onto the leather book; her birth parents left her. She would always call her birth parents Lyra and Pallas Jiemba, mamà and papá. Then her adoptive parents, mom and dad, which were John and Maureen Robinson. "Why are you ready so early?"

"I have a theory, and I need to test it."

"About what?"

"The sun, it's rising earlier and earlier."

"I noticed," she nodded, "I don't think Kepler's law applies here or the gravitational constant."

"You read my mind," Maureen grinned at her eldest, "you always are on top of your game. That's why I don't ever worry about you," she kissed her daughter's forehead and looked at her face, seeing her few freckles, prominent dimples and long curly hair that bounced all over her shoulders.

Maureen then remembered how much Y/N looked like her birth mother, Lyra. She remembered when this girl was born, she and Lyra were very close friends, and were friends ever since collage. She was by Lyra's side, and helped raise her even before Lydra died. She then started to remember the day, Y/N was offically her daughter.

It was cool night in 2027; Maureen stood in the doorway of her mothers home looking at Lyra, who held her 2-year-old baby girl in her arm, and her other held onto a suitcase.

"Maureen, we need to talk."

"Lyra, what are you doing here? It's 2 am- is everything okay?"