20 | Lift Off?

______________

I Just Want To Celebrate by Rare Earth

"I just want to celebrate another day of life

"I just want to celebrate another day of life."

______________

2047

__________

Y/N sat on the window ledge in the cockpit late one night as she read her parent's journal and looked at the picture of her parents as Don walked in.

"I was reading Penny's book- how come she wrote more about Debbie than me?" Don scoffed, "And when she starts talking about her space assassin sister, she makes you sound badass. And she even teased us in her book," he chuckled and noticed her sitting in the low light. "Princess?"

"Did you know my birth parents had a big fight before I was born," Y/N looked up at the man as he sat beside her, "some disagreement about how my mamà was going on a suicide mission for the Falcon mission and my papà didn't want her going before it was even actually going to happen?"

"What happened then?"

"She left me with Maureen and died on that mission; my papà was presumed dead on the Fortuna." Y/N bit her lip, "he didn't even know I was born; my mamà raised me when she was here, and Maureen was like an aunt, and then took me in as her daughter."

"So, Lyra never told him?"

"Nope," she popped the P.

"He missed out on getting to know an amazing woman, who is loving and so badass," he offered a smile as he threw an arm around her, "they both did."

"Yeah," she offered a wide smile as Don kissed her temple and held her close.

"You know, it's only two weeks since Christmas, and we've been in a relationship for that whole time- not just sneaking around."

"Yeah, two weeks of h-"

"Don't even finish that sentence," he sassed, making the woman laugh.

"You're not that bad, I guess," she smirked and kissed him softly but pulled away when she heard a low siren, "wait, do you hear that?" Y/N raised a brow as she

"Yeah," Don stood and offered her a hand to help her stand, "It's a breach; I'll go get my space suit on."

"I'll go see what's happening," Y/N nodded and ran to the room connected to the farming tent; she found her siblings and mom screaming for her dad as he went inside to fix the breach alone without a space suit. "Mierda (shit)," she mumbled as Don ran to her side.

"Make sure you close it behind me, okay?"

"Okay," she nodded and watched Don run and grab their dad as he carried the ginger man. Y/N quickly opened the door as the two men fell in, as she closed it behind him.