Chapter 11

Chapter 11
She woke up feeling a lot better. But it was 3 am. Her mother was down in the cafeteria. That poor women, she looked like she hasn't slept since the accident, her age showed in the bags underneath her eyes. It occurred to Jo that she hasn't checked her phone in a week...oh god all the text messages. Her mother at some point in time placed the phone on her bedside table so she didn't have to get up to get it. She unlocked it and she had 135 text messages, 204 missed calls from various contacts, and one thing struck her...her twitter had blown up. She clicked the app and was in awe. She had 15,789 new followers! She had 276 before the accident then realized something else. Sam had tweeted about the accident "My good friend Jo is in the hospital, stay strong beautiful." was the first one. Then there were hundreds of tweets wishing her a speedy recovery. But she gasped when she saw it, Sam had changed his profile pic to a picture of them as kids! It appeared to be at Jo's 10th birthday party, the two were laughing, hugging each other tight, and covered in frosting. They really were the best of friends. She missed that. In addition there were thousands....THOUSANDS of tweets using the hash tag Jam people were asking if they were dating, people were saying they were dating, someone even tweeted Jo a screenshot of when Jam trended number 1 worldwide!....this was crazy! She favorited a bunch of tweets...some even Jam related and then sent out a tweet of her own. "Hey guys, thanks 4 the prayers and kind words, I'm doin so much better now....P.S I kinda want a Peanut butter and Jam sandwich. ;) Lol but for real who came up with that? Jam...it makes me hungry." She locked her phone back and then it lit right back up with Sam's face, she actually forgot she had his number. It had been so long since she had used it.