Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Sam walked a couple steps in front of Jo and opened the car door for her. "After you Joey." He said "thank you." Jo said and slid in. Sam went around to the other side and slid in beside her. "Okay guys seatbelts on, we aren't that far from the courthouse maybe 10 mins." said Diana as she started the car and pulled off. When the trio arrived at the courthouse they walked through the door. Diana told the kids to have a seat while she went and checked what room they were in. Sam's friends, the same friends from that night found him and Jo and exchanged greetings. Jo thanked them for kicking the guys ass, they were humble and said they were just trying to protect a little lady. Maybe they weren't the jerks she thought they were, She realized something though, after all this time, she still didn't know his name. They had always referred to him out of his name. Usually always something derogatory. You could say that everyone involved harbored some sort of dislike towards him, obviously for a good reason, he tried to rape and murder Jonah. "Hey guys come come on we are in room 302" Diana said and walked with the 6 teenagers to the room. When they entered the the room nothing special really shocked Jo, it looked like a normal courtroom. She didn't even really know what to expect actually, it looked just like the ones on tv. The ones she's watched a million times on law and order as the assault victims relayed their assault to the jury. Although Jo never thought she'd be one of those victims describing her brutalization. She wasn't even sure she'd be able to keep it together on the stand. She was an emotional teenage girl for starters and it was still a pretty touchy subject for her. She cringed every time she saw a knife in the dish drain or when an ignorant teenager made a rape joke and a number of other things. She would just burst into tears out of nowhere and that scared her because she didn't know why she was doing that.The group took a seat on the left side of the room with Jo and Sam in the middle and the other boys and Ms. Hall on either side of the two.