Chapter 33

Chapter 33

She was beginning to doubt herself, did she really have this in the bag? "And then what Miss. Hall?" He said "I felt someones hand over my mouth and I fell down, then he..." She felt a lump grow in her throat. "He shoved his hand up my shirt. I tried to fight him but he was too strong, I kept yelling and he hit me but I kept screaming. He unzipped his pants..." Tears begin to well up in her eyes " He took out his knife and held it to my throat. Then he bashed my head into the ground and then on the second time I kinda blacked out." Jo said sniffling "ah ok Ms.Hall what exactly was going through your head at that moment?" Her lawyer asked "I thought...I thought that I was gunna die...." A tear slipped from her eye and her bottom lip quivered. "Then I started seeing all the faces of the people I loved...I wanted to remember them, I wanted to take them with me when I died. I saw my mom...I saw my dad...Sam...my grandma...my cat." Jo burst out into full blown sobbing on the stand. She really thought she could do this. "Your honor can we have a little break so she can calm down?" Her lawyer asked "Young lady would you like that?" He asked Jo, she sobbed and shook her head "yes please." "Okay young lady you may step down. The judge said. Jo stepped down to a waiting Sam who took her into his strong arms and stroked her head as she cried and shook. "Ok that is all for today. We will reconvene tomorrow morning at 12 o'clock noon. I expect to see you all there. Court dismissed." With a bang of his gavel the room began to empty. First was Sam and Jo, he took her out because he wanted a private moment with her before the rest of the group and then he took her away. The last one out was Mr. Santos and the guards to escort him back to prison.