Chapter 21

Chapter 21
It was the morning that Jo got to go home but it also that meant that her trial was starting the next morning. She got home and she still wasn't talking a lot because her throat was scratchy. She got out the car and immediately went up to her room. After 3 weeks away from her home she loved finally being able to be in her own bed, with her own pillows and her own curtains and her own stuff. "Jo I'm gunna run across town to the store, you gunna be alright here alone?" Diana yelled upstairs "yeah mom ill be fine!" Jo yelled back Jo heard the door open and close. She wanted to shower, she wanted to be clean. She wanted sleep. She wanted food. She wanted Sam. She wanted to listen to music. She-WAIT! Did it just say she wanted Sam? Maybe it did...no it certainly said she wanted Sam. Jo had been thinking a lot about Sam. Jam wasn't official yet. The two had talked and Jo told Sam that she wasn't quite ready for a relationship after what had happened to her, and Sam told Jo she could take all the time she needed, but as soon as she was ready she could just say the word and Sam would officially ask her to be his girlfriend. Anyway, Jo moved to the full length mirror and stripped down to just her bra and underwear. She took time to closely examine herself. The bruises from the attack were taking forever to go away. Her stomach which was toned and flat...was purple and black. Jo felt a lump growing in her throat, she grabbed her stomach and just then her bedroom door swing open "hey Jo I-"