Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Diana appeared in th doorway of Jo's room, her heels announcing her presence before she could. "Honey come one we can't be late for court. I want you to come on, get showered, have some breakfast, and dress nice. Wear that dark blue dress with the lace trim and your black peep toe boots and put your hair in a bun." She instructed Jo gave her mom a thumbs up because she didn't feel like talking. Jo did as she was told and was ready to go with 10 minutes too spare. When she grabbed a light jacket and put it on, she caught sight of her scar, it went straight across the front of her throat. She touched it softly with her small painted fingers and all of the sudden she felt a lump began to grow in the back of her throat. She knew she couldn't cry because she'd mess up her makeup. She swallowed hard, straightened up, and galloped back up the steps to her bedroom. She entered her room and went to her dresser, opened a drawer and pulled out a black choker. It actually went nicely with her outfit, it had a small yin & yang charm hanging from it. She was complete. "Jo, Sam's here! Its time to go!" Diana called up the stairs. Jo went down stairs and saw Sam standing at the door dressed in dark jeans and a white button down shirt with a black tie on. He looked handsome. " Good morning Joey, you look beautiful." He said giving Jo a hug "thanks you look very handsome yourself, what are you doing here I figured we'd meet you and the guys there?" Jo said "nah I thought it'd be better if I accompanied you and Diana to the trial today. The guys are fine, I talked to them and the only one not there yet is Jaime but he should be there by now." Sam said offering his arm to Jo and she took it. The three exited the home, it was a beautiful day in California, it was cool, the sun was shining. Sam didn't usually like being up in the morning but when it was a nice day like this he didn't mind as much.