Chapter 30

Chapter 30

"So young man, please tell the court you account of what happened that night." The lawyer said, Sam swallowed hard, he had never been in court never mind having to testify against an attempted murderer. He took a deep breath and began "Okay so um my friends and I were walking home after school and we decided to cut though the ally way when we saw something happening, it looked like 2 people fighting, it didn't look right. So we went closer, then we saw the size difference and realized he was fighting a women, and- when did you realize that it was your friend Jonah that he was fighting?" The lawyer interrupted "when we got closer, then I yelled for him to let her go, and my friends and I jumped in and I helped Jo while one of my friends called 911 and the others restrained him." Sam said "Okay thank you Sam, your honor the prosecution rests." said Jo's lawyer and sat down...then Santos lawyer started on Sam. "Sam around what time did all of this happen?" He asked "around 6:45" Sam answered "6:45 you say, was it dark?" He asked as he was pacing back and forth in front of Sam "the sun was setting but night hadn't fallen fully yet." Sam answered "were the street lamps on?" The lawyer asked "yes." "Okay, thank you and how long have you know the defendant Jonah Hall?" He asked "since we were little kids" "oh okay, so would you consider Jonah your best friend?" He asked Sam "yes, I would, in fact I would consider her more then my best friend." Sam answered. "I see, so was Jonah by herself when you saw the fight happening?" He asked "yes." Sam said just wanting it to be over "okay so what your telling me is that you, a young man let a vulnerable young lady, someone you would consider to be more then your best friend walk home...alone...in the dark?" He asked "objection leading!" Jo's lawyer spoke "sustained, move it along counselor." Judge Carson said "yes your honor.