Chapter 19

Chapter 19
"Jc can you give us a minute?" Sam asked, without a word just a slight nod Jc disappeared out the door. Sam looked at Jo and then climbed behind her into bed. There was enough room for two on the large bed. The two teens cuddled up. "So as I was saying on FaceTime the other night, I figured out why I did what I did, it was because I was in love with you. I couldn't face you everyday like when we were kids and know that I couldn't have you. But if you don't want to be with m-where are you getting these insane ideas that I don't want to be with you?" Interrupted Jo. "I just assumed that after how I treated you that-I know why you treated me that way Sam...because you're an idiot!" Again interrupted Jo "can you stop cutting me off please?" said Sam squeezing Jo's side she yelled. "Ow no I'm still bruised!" Sam released her immediately "oh god I'm sorry, Jo I didn't mean- it's okay, you didn't know" said Jo and settled into Sam's chest. "So the trial starts soon, you ready?" Asked Sam stroking Jo's hair. "I have to sit in a room and face the man that tried to kill me. I don't think I'll ever be ready for that." said Jo quietly. "I'll be there to, but I'll be with you all the way if you want me to." Said Sam. "Sam I never actually got a chance to thank you for what you did that night, I ju-now I'm cutting you off, you don't have to thank me, I was just protecting you." Said Sam. "You saved my life Sam, what do you mean I don't have to thank you?" asked Jo " I only wish that I could've been there the whole time, it probably wouldn't have happened." Sam said, a wave of guilt in his voice "Sam it was either me or someone else, not everyone has a Sam Pottorff. They might not have been as lucky as me. They probably would've died." Jo said. "Are you tired?" Sam asked "yeah, I've been sleeping a lot lately, it's the meds they have me on." Jo said "okay come on, you need your rest, lets sleep, I'm tired to." Sam said, they closed their eyes and soon both kids were devoured by their unconscious minds.