Section 1: Set Up - The Lost and Found Maze

POV: 1st Person

                            "I can't believe my luck all this time I have been so interested in finding something like this," I said to myself as I arrived at the location, "A real life haunted toy." Looking around I found exactly the spot they were talking about it was right out in the open with a note tied around it's neck like a noose, "EVIL." I knew better than to do something like this, but how often do you hear about a rumor that is this powerful around campus that people genuinely feel uncomfortable walking around.
                             I had always been such a huge fan of Five Nights at Freddy's and now there's this weird rumor that a defective springbonnie plush has been causing people to have horrible nightmares and people are starting to think it's alive. It looked just like how it was described, a completely average looking limited addition springbonnie plush, but with one exception, the eyes were gray and weirdly glossy. Fun fact, real Five Night at Freddy's plushies have soft eyes, meanwhile the fake ones from cheap arcade have shiny glossy ones that are made of hard plastic. But that's what makes me like the offbrands more, they are cheat and they are hard they are not safe to cuddle. Feels like a Freddy's thing to do. I mean it's the same company that scrapes dead kids out of suits and then reuse the animatronics.
                               Personally I didn't care if it was really haunted or not, I thought it would've made a great addition to my plushy collection or more accurately hoard regardless. Besides I always had a soft spot for stuffed animals, to seeing one in this bad condition, it really makes me feel sad. It was soggy and wet like someone threw it out in the rain. It was dirty and not the way a well used plush should be. It was dirty in the way that made it obvious that it was fresh and brand new, but had been abused.
                               I cradled it in my arms and ran myself back to my dorm, ignoring my friends advice to not pick it up and strangers who had known the rumors and clearly were looking at me like I was crazy. My best friend Ryan told me not to fucking do it and I was definitely gonna piss him off when he found out I did. Adventures are worth the risk.
                               I spent the remainder of my day cleaning it off in a bucket and rinsing it over and over again trying my best to get the stains out and then giving it a nice blow dry with my dryer. By the end of it, it was pretty much good as new but then again it is a yellow plushy so it's probably discolored in someway. I gave it a small pat good night and put it away from my precious plushies as I proceeded to go to sleep because I still have classes tomorrow.
                               I have been told by many of my friends that I have incredibly vivid dreams, some of them are reflections of the media I consumed before I went to bed. Meanwhile other stuff is completely random. Most of my dreams have a coherent story line, which I have learned is considered rather weird. Lastly, I have very good memory of my dreams. So I was not surprised or suspicious when I found myself in an empty maze covered in faded children's drawings, ones similar to those who were hanged up around the pizzerias of the games over the years.
                               The maze had a familiar likeness to the one in the Fazbear Freight short story, In The Flesh, but thank God that's not what happened to me... Or at least as far as I know... What I do remember was I was exploring around not particularly running or going anywhere collecting what I believe our collectibles of sorts, there were cassette sprinkled about the place and I did have a cassette player, when springtrap turns the corner. We both stared at each other for a moment it seems we both had thought we were alone in the maze. But it did not take him long to swing the axe that he had in his hands into me and I died.
                                Like normally in my dreams when I die, I don't wake up. Instead I sort of just exist as a ghost floating around, which is apparently also not normal. I knew eventually I would wake up so I just spent the time following springtrap around and as I did so, I realize something was wrong with him. He kept glitching and turning into different variations of the springbonnie costume. At first, he had drag my body around, but after a while he kind of just tossed me in a corner. It look like he was waiting for something and he kept looking over his shoulder in my direction, but it seemed like he couldn't see me. He was definitely not as scary when I was like this.
                                The next thing I knew, I woke up an hour earlier than I had wanted. I wasn't angry just mildly uncomfortable with the whole experience I picked up the plushy and booped it's nose and to my delight it did make a little honk sound, "Good morning Springbonnie, you did give me an awful scare last night, in my dream of course, though I'm not convinced that you're alive or anything so if you could say something that would help." There was no movement or sound from the small plush and I found myself laughing as I headed off to change my clothes for class.