Chuck E. Cheese #1

POV: Third
After a long morning of staring at capybara memes, it was time for her to once again go off to class. She looked at her small yellow friend and continued out the door before hearing a disgruntled noise behind her and she turned around, "Why can't I come with you again?" She rolled her eyes aggressively before responding rather bluntly, "Because you freak people out because you're talking plush toy, plus you were the talk of the town a few months ago remember. I'm surprised you didn't draw attention in the dining hall..." He leaned forward to get more comfortable when speaking, but ended up falling over like an unbalanced toddler, "I'm just so bored... I wish you just had a television so you can just throw me in front of it for a few hours. There is quite literally nothing to do until you get back..." She held back the urge to laugh at how much he sounded like a child that needed comforting.
"I could play my iPad for a few hours, leave it's on the charger and let you sit next to it while it goes off on auto play."
"Yes, but I'd much rather go outside or do something. I am a bit curious to see if they're ripping you kids off with how they educate you nowadays."
She responded in both a joking and serious tone, "Oh they are, but nowadays it's impossible to get a good job without a degree. Unless you have the voice of an angel and/or going to become a celebrity sometime soon- Better yet have the next big thing and starting your own small business, good luck buddy trying to survive in this economy without a degree. College is a giant scam in all honesty most businesses will just train you for the same bullshit they require you to go to school for with the exception of like doctors and lawyers..." She mumbled to herself for a few more minutes before he gave her a smile.
"As much as I trust you on that, I'd like to at least go outside for a walk... More accurately me getting carried around to feel some fresh air you haven't been taking me out much..."
"I literally took you out yesterday night. Remember I introduced you to my friends, you ate a bunch of cookies?"
"Are you doing it again tonight?"
She pause for a moment choosing her words very carefully before settling on simply, "No... No I believe I will not..."
He gave her a look like a puppy begging to go outside on the walk, despite it hurting his pride. He knew that his greatest chance of manipulation, at this point, is to take advantage of the fact that she is unable to look past the soft plush of the toy that is his prison. She gave a big sigh and, with a small cord, attached him to her backpack, "You are not allowed to say anything and you are not allowed to be weird. Don't blink when looked at directly and don't be looking at people!"
He gave a small nod and the two headed out to her first class. She made sure she sat in the back away from everyone and placed him on top of one of the heaters so he can get a good look at the class without being on the floor. People obviously gave her slightly strange looks for why she had a plushy with her, but at the same time most kids in her generation carried around plush toy from their favorite fandom. To her surprise, it seems the pocket of people who knew about his creepy existence was very few and had settled down. Class had went peacefully until the teacher started talking about the importance of designing a marketable mascot.
As the teacher looked around the room explaining examples, his eyes landed on William, "Is that a random plush toy or is it a cartoon character?" Alex nearly jumped out of her skin not expecting to be called on, "Uhhhhhh... Neither it's a plush toy of an animatronic from a horror franchise based off of Chuck E. Cheese... Have you ever heard of five nights at Freddy's?" She shouldn't have said so much, but it seems that information intrigued William as he didn't quite recognize what she was talking about. The teacher nodded and decided to use Chuck E. Cheese as an example and started talking about how the mascot was designed obviously to appeal to children and you have to appeal to the customer.
Alex felt uncomfortable, but started settling back into herself, that was until William whispered to her, "What's a Chuck E. Cheese?"
"A restaurant in my world that is like the closest thing to Freddy Fazbear's, I went there all the time as a kid. Now hush, I will explain more to you later."
William remained quiet for a little bit before speaking up, "So what were the animatronics like, if they had any? I mean the man is talking about a mascot and how it was a robot I was curious if they were other ones?"
She begin to mumble under her breath, "Oh my god..."