Bruno | Yearning

your yogurt delivery here!〜⚘
🗝: 『 for you yearn for a lover who was so close yet so far. 』
❑ : no warnings! tad bit of angst
🗒: this was an interesting idea ,, well - i hope it is atleast.. this happens a 4 years after brunos sudden disappearance (also sorry for the back to back bruno oneshots 😭 i love this man a bit too much)

 this happens a 4 years after brunos sudden disappearance (also sorry for the back to back bruno oneshots 😭 i love this man a bit too much)

you visited the casita, looking for the rest of your things as you were searching in a drawer of you and brunos shared room. a letter hidden deep in the back, unable to be seen in a first look. you would eagerly pick it up, filled with curiosity of who this letter could be from.

tearing open the seal, there was a rather old note, almost as if it was over four years old. the paper itself was dirty, but the handwriting and contents were eligible to read, as the you carefully examined its writing. you'd gasp, realizing the familiar handwriting of your lover.

the note would read;
"to my dearest, my first kiss and my last love,

there was once a time where i was alone, alone in the dark and i was helpless. there was nowhere for me to go, no one, but then i met this person. this sweet and wonderful person, who would give up anything.. for me, and.. that person was you.

you came into my life, full of colour, with a kind heart, and made me feel loved. a feeling i long sought for.. a feeling i believed i could never feel again, but then you came along, and it was like a breath of fresh air.

you were everything anyone could want, my everything. you were mine, as i was yours.

alas.. like all good things, it must come to an end, i treasure those moments we've had together. those sweet lovely memories that shine like stars in my heart, ones that were of you.

i await to see you soon, my love.
-signed, the man who loved you dearly."

the note was written on the night of Mirabels ceremony, it was the day bruno disappeared. you waited and waited for him, but he'd never return, you could only sob. falling to the floor and mourned of your loss, your husband, the man who loved you dearly. you lost your everything.

in the walls, bruno pressed his ear gently against the wood, his own muffled cries as he'd realized how much him leaving hurt you. you were devastated, he heard from his family, searching desperately for him. only for it to lead to a dead end, just like you did - bruno yearned to see you again, but would you still love him? after leaving so suddenly, with no explanation or hint of where he'd gone?

bruno heard you stand up, the sounds of paper being crumpled was most likely you taking the note with you, opening the door and leaving as you tried your best to silence your crying. bruno took a deep breath, his breathing turned into shaking until he eventually just cried. hiding his face in his hands as he sobbed, bruno would never want to hurt you, but he had to do this. for Mirabel.

but what about you?