For you

March 4ThursdayYear 1

March 4
Thursday
Year 1

I fiddle with my necklace as I walk to class.

I thought about where I was going to sit today, and I wasn't too sure if I was going to sit in the same spot. 

What if Taehyung wants someone else to sit there today?

What if he was annoyed I had taken the spot last time?

Opening the door to the classroom, I hold my breath and look around. Everyone seemed to be sitting in the same seat as Tuesday.

I have to be careful not to take someone else's chair. 

Looking into the row, I notice that Taehyung has two drinks next to him, one of them scooted over in front of the seat.

So he is saving the spot!

Courteously, I sit a few seats away.

Not even a few seconds later, I see a couple of girls stand next to me. 

"Oh, excuse me. Can you scoot over just one more seat?" One kindly asks.

I nod and quickly move over, putting me two seats away from him. That's still enough space away...

I start to take out my notebook when I feel another tap to my shoulder.

"Excuse me, just one more seat." She sheepishly asks, another friend waiting at the end of the row.

I turn next to me, my heart starting to race. Taehyung was still turned away, engrossed in a conversation with another friend. 

It should be fine...

I nod and move my stuff over, carefully getting up.

When I have a seat, I peek over to see Taehyung had turned to look over at me. 

I nervously look around, looking for another place to sit. He probably was saving more seats than I thought. 

One of the drinks slides over my way and I tilt my head his way.

Taehyung smiles as he leans one arm over the desk to lay on, mouthing "For you."

Me?

I blink in surprise, taking the pink drink in my hand. It's almost too beautiful to drink with whipped cream on top and scattered with flower-shaped sprinkles.

I feel my cheeks grow warm and try to hide behind my hair as I keep admiring it.

Is it because I gave him a drink yesterday?

Oh, I should say thanks... 

The chair next to me gets pulled and a purse lands on the desk, creating a wall beside me.

"Taehyung! I finally finished the book you lent me. Is it alright if I come over later to return it?"

Peaking over, I look at Jiyoo who has comfortably placed herself beside him and was happily chatting away.

"What did you like about it?" Taehyung asks her.

"O-Oh like everything. All the poems were great." She flips her hair over her shoulder and grins. 

Taehyung chuckles and momentarily looks my way, causing me to sit up straighter.

Not missing my chance, I mouth a "thank you!" while pointing to the drink.

Taehyung smiles and tilts the straw to his drink closer.

"You're welcome." He says aloud.

Jiyoo beams and keeps talking to him about her social media page.

I happily take a sip of the drink.

The sweet flavor making its way around.