Love Lore

April 16Friday pt

April 16
Friday pt. II
Year 1

I had a lot to think about after I returned from Jimin's.

Someone as bubbly and vibrant as him, still had things rolling around in his mind.

I wonder who the person that Jimin likes is.

How nice would it be if she liked him as much as he likes her?

If I thought about it harder, I'm sure that I would have been able to figure it out.

But...

It felt wrong to.

As I enter my house, my cousins call me over from the living room. The smell of cinnamon hits me and I smile because my mom is making homemade donuts.

"You guys used to eat these all the time when you were little." My mom tells us as I join them at the table.

"Swear that I eat them faster than you make them." Vivi snorts as she reaches over for one.

Sooah elbows me. "Where were you at, Seols? Taehyung's?"

I hold my hands together and shake my head. "No, I was visiting another friend...."

Friend.

Jimin and I are friends now.

"So whats the plan for tomorrow?" Vivi pulls up a leg onto her chair as she munches on the donut.

Sooah grabs two donuts and hands me one. I happily accept, feeling warm on the inside.

"Tomorrow, we're going to meet at the entrance with everyone."

Sooah's eyes grow big with excitement. "Who all is coming? Some of Taehyung's friends?"

"No, but seriously..." Vivi covers her mouth as she chews. "He's so attractive that I don't doubt his friends aren't going to be hot. Sorry."

My mom overhears Vivi and laughs. Vivi shrugs and gives her a look as if to say I'm just saying.

I laugh and shake my head. "Everyone's... good looking."

Vivi playfully rolls her eyes as she sinks into her chair. "Mmm. I feel like you're tooo nice that you'd say that about anyone, but I'm trusting you."

"Okay, call me childish, but I want to try out one of the superstitions." Sooah tells us.

Superstitions?

She turns to me. "Have you heard of some? They're more common here than in the city."

I shake my head and look at them curiously as they explain a couple from watching the clock tower turn off at midnight, crushing the moon, and seeing a white cat. It isn't until they mention kissing at the end of the fireworks that I realize they're all love lores.

I blush. It's all beyond me.

"Don't forget the classic one... catching three.."

My phone vibrates, causing me to turn away from the conversation to pull it out from my purse.

A number I don't recognize is on the screen.

Having a feeling that I should answer it, I excuse myself from the table.

"Hello?"

"Seolli." Taehyung's voice comes through the other end.

"T-taehyung?" I whisper back, almost afraid to be wrong.

He's quiet for a second that I almost think that he hung up. "Jimin had your number before me."

I stutter, not knowing what to say. He messaged me on instagram for it and I gave it to him. Should I have not given it to him?

"It's okay. I would've asked you for it first, but I didn't know if you'd be okay with that. Oh and sorry I didn't ask for permission to have it... Jimin just texted me and I... didn't believe him, I guess."

My heart beats fast because Taehyung's tone is off. He doesn't sound happy and it's making me nervous. I remember how Jimin said that Jiyoo is protective of her friends, what if Taehyung was as well?

Taehyung sighs. "Jimin irritates me. He didn't tell you something that made you uncomfortable, did he? I'm worried now that he has your number that he's going to bother you."

"Mm-mm. Jimin's nice. He just invited me over to talk about tomorrow."

"..... Seolli."

"H-hmm?" I clutch my phone tightly.

"Can I come over, right now?"

I glance at the time. "I-Isn't it late?"

"Did you just get back from Jimin's?"

Before I can answer, I just hear him groan on the other end. "He's so sly..."

It makes me smile. Taehyung's worried about me, isn't he?

"Jimin said that about you." I tease him with a soft voice.

"Ha, he said what about me?"

I giggle. "Nothing. I'll be careful, I promise."

"Just around him."

I agree.

"I can't wait for tomorrow. Paper's done so we don't have a care in the world."

"I can't wait either." But I can't wait for a reason other than stress relief. It's the first time I'm going to the festival with a group of friends. I won't be just looking at others having fun this time.

"Taehyung, thank you."

"Always." is all he says before we're saying our goodbyes for tomorrow.