Protective

April 15ThursdayYear 1

April 15
Thursday
Year 1

Class is a little loud today. When I walked in, Taehyung's friends were crowded around him. Jimin, specifically, was busy looming near Taehyung as if he wanted something from him.

Taehyung chuckles before he pulls away and rests his palms on the desk in front of him, so he can rest. "I already told you, I have plans."

Jimin inhales deeply, pinching the nose of his bridge. "Dude, you know this is B.I.'s first time touring. I've been begging you for weeks."

I tilt my head at Taehyung as I have a seat.

He watches me with a smile.

"How about... you join us and we just go to his stop in Seoul?" Taehyung asks Jimin while still looking at me.

Before Jimin can protest, he stops and looks between us. "Us?"

Taehyung nods dramatically before lazily pulling his chair out with his foot and plopping down beside me.

"Seolli and I are going to the cherry blossom festival on Saturday."

They look at each other, meanwhile Jiyoo turns around from her conversation with Jin.

"The cherry blossom... festival?"

Taehyung nods. "Seolli's cousin invited us. She suggested I invite you all too."

"Seolli's...? Woah Woah woah. I'm going to need you all to back up like five steps-" Jimin gapes at us.

Jiyoo frowns. "Did you guys hang out outside of this?"

I feel the panic run through my body, remembering how Jiyoo was talking about how she wanted to grow closer to Taehyung but never found the chance to since it was difficult making plans with him. Yet, I've met with him twice already.

"I-I. My cousins...." I blush as they stare back in shock still.

Taehyung leans over the desk. "Seolli just let me know. I invited myself, but she said her cousins would like to have fun in town with people we knew."

I nod slowly, my voice breaking. "It would be fun...with everyone."

"Trueee." Jimin turns to Jiyoo, adding on, "And it's not like Seoul's too far away. We can even bring Seolli with us."

His gentle tone seems like he's trying to convince her now.

Taehyung crosses his arms and leans back on his chair, nodding. He turns to ask me, "Ever been to a concert?"

I look away from Jimin and Karin, and shake my head in response.

"You'll have to be okay with being in the pit though. Not everyone is." Jin jumps in, pointing it out to Jimin and Taehyung.

"We can put her in the middle if anything..." Taehyung then leans in to whisper, "You'll be fine. We can always get seats and let them be in the pit."

"I'll be fine!" I whisper back.

When I glance up, I connect eyes with Jiyoo who's also been really quiet. I bite down on my lip and wonder if I've overstepped by going to the concert. After all, it's one more person than they planned.

Jiyoo's eyes drop and she turns to talk to Karin.

"Done!" Jimin slams his hand on the desk before leaning down and muttering, "Y'all better not back down or run off, you hear?"

I watch as Jiyoo walks out with Karin. Jin lets us know they're going to the bathroom when Jimin gives him a questioning look.

During class, I have trouble editing the paper, an unsettling feeling washing over me when they don't return so quickly.

I look over at Jimin who also has a change of expression. He, too, keeps glancing at the door. When he turns back, we accidentally lock eyes.

He smiles and shakes his hand. "Don't worry about it," He mouths.

I blink and sit up, giving him a nod.

"She's just protective over the group, that's all."