Miss me?

April 6Tuesday Year 1

April 6
Tuesday
Year 1

Taehyung is coming to class today.

I'm happy he's feeling better so soon.

He says it's because I joined him while he ate dinner every night so far, but I know it's because he's been trying his best to get better on his own.

I press the button to the elevator and wait patiently for the elevator to come up from the basement (where the bookstore is). They're really old and slow, but since I came early for class today, I don't mind the wait.

I hear it stop and the group already inside are talking. I recognize Jimin's laugh.

"How did you say it?" Jimin asks, girls laughter following.

The doors open and I'm surprised to connect eyes with Taehyung who looks over.

I freeze instead of stepping in, trying to process a couple of things like the conversation and who the others are.

Jimin looks at me with amusement. "Come in, Seolli. Great timing."

"H-hi." I look down at my feet as I carefully step in, awkwardly standing in the middle.

Taehyung stumbles to the side before pressing the button.

"Seolli, you're in our Composition course, aren't you?" One of the girls, Karie, asks while leaning my way.

I turn to her and smile. "Y-yes."

Whispering between Taehyung and Jimin causes me to look over. Taehyung gives me a smile and shakes his head as if to say not to worry about Jimin.

Julia, the other girl, elbows Jimin. "Come on, what were you guys talking about? What did Taehyung say?"

"Seolli! Maybe you can ask for us." Karie pouts. "You all seem so close."

"H-mm?" Ask? Ask who what?

'Taehyung said he was flirting with a girl when he said something embarrassing when drunk. We can't get him to tell us what it was-"

"Or who with." Julia pokes her tongue out.

I look over at Taehyung who looks stunned. "I- oh my god."

The elevator reaches the fifth floor and opens up.

I excuse myself and step out, feeling a little left out. I didn't even know that Taehyung went out this weekend. Or that he was interested in someone. These are the kinds of conversations that really close people have.

Julia and Karie must have other classes with Taehyung and Jimin to be so playful with them.

"Find out for us," Karie whispers with a giggle as she passes by me.

I flush and hold onto my bag.

I'm under pressure now. What if Taehyung doesn't want to tell me?

I feel a tap on my shoulder, and when I look over, I find Taehyung standing next to me.

"Sorry. You always catch me in Jimin's absurdities." He sighs, but then breaks into a small laugh.

"I.... I..." I start but then can't think of how to ask him what they were talking about. It's like I don't have the heart to ask. Is it proof that maybe I'm not as close to Taehyung yet?

"Hmm?" He gently takes my backpack from me.

He probably thought it was heavy by the way I gripped it so hard.

Taehyung's too nice.

I smile and hold my hands tightly as we walk to class.

"I'm also curious." I tiptoe to make sure my voice reaches him.

He tilts his head. "About what?"

I look at him, and before I say anything his face changes.

"A-about what we were talking about?"

I nod excitedly. "Do you also do things that embarrass you?"

Like I do.

He seems to be thinking, his mouth pressing in and a blush appearing on top of his cheeks. "Of course I do!"

I hold in my laugh. I'm glad to know that someone as confident as him can still have embarrassing moments.

"Did you say something you regret?"

"No- it's just. Look at you! When did you get so bold?" Taehyung grins and pats my head.

I blush. He's right! I'm asking too many questions.

His hand comes down to cover my eyes and I stop walking.

"It's okay. I'll tell you. But don't tell anyone else, okay?"

I reach up and hold his hand over my eyes. "O-okay, but why can't I see you?"

"Because my face is embarrassing."

His whisper in my ear causes me to jump. I didn't expect him to be so close to me.

He pauses before whispering, "Miss me?"

I crinkle my eyebrows together.

I'm confused.

"Did you miss me?" He quotes himself again, but I take it as a question he's asking now.

"M-me?"

"That's what I said to her." He interrupts at the same time.

"When you were... drunk and flirting?" I tilt my head.

Taehyung pulls away and I open my eyes to see him, not realizing how my hand started to nervously play with his.

His eyes soften. "No, just when I was embarrassed. That other stuff was courtesy of Jimin."

"O-oh." I try to connect what he just said. Didn't he ask me if I missed him? Is he talking about our first video call?

"Oooo?" Jimin's voice peaks and I turn to see him from the corner of the wall, peaking.

I look back to see how my fingers were lightly playing along with Taehyung's.

I turn red and pull it back.

"I'm sorry," I barely whisper.

Was I doing that the whole time I was thinking?

Taehyung who's still looking at me, slowly smiles.

"Let's get to class."

I nod and follow him, avoiding eye contact with Jimin.

I guess Taehyung's right.

Jimin is an interesting character that ropes us into whatever he's entertaining.