Family

March 28SundayYear 1

March 28
Sunday
Year 1

Ding Dong!

I turn my head toward the door, having just come down the stairs to join my aunts and cousins in the living room.

Did the doorbell just ring...?

It was soft, as if barely pressed.

When I open and take a peek, I'm surprised to find Taehyung walking around the front with a gift bag in his hand.

He did his hair differently today, and he even dressed up. He wore a button down loosely tucked into his trousers, a long tan coat thrown on top.

Lifting his head up, he catches my stare and smiles.

"Hi Seolli."

I greet him back, shyly, "Hi Taehyung."

With a chuckle, he steps closer and looks down at me.

"Am I too early?"

I shake my head, opening the door up. "N-no, but... Did you get enough sleep?"

It's 10 a.m.. If Taehyung hung out with his friends last night, did he take an early train to make it today? SNU is a good 3.5 hours away from our town.

"I did." He tilts his head. "I didn't end up hanging out with my friends."

Before I say anything, he chuckles and whispers, "It's alright."

Is it really?

He lifts the gift bag up that he's holding. "I brought something for your parents."

I hold my hands together. "It's just my mom..."

His eyebrows raise and I'm quick to smile.

"... But thank you!" My cheeks flush because I'm so touched. Not only did he get here early, but he also brought a gift for my mother.

My heart races when he steps into the entryway. Taehyung in my home felt strange. In class, he was always surrounded and admired by others. I never thought I could get close, but somehow I slipped through the cracks. I fear that soon I'll be thrown back out, so I want to make today fun.

A memory to look back on.

Taehyung walks over to the writing table like something caught his eye. I gasp when I see it's a baby picture of mine.