In your care

March 9TuesdayYear 1

March 9
Tuesday
Year 1

I'm early.

At least it feels that way as I walk into class and see only a few seated.

Sliding my backpack off my shoulders, I look at the clock on the wall. Lecture should start in 8 minutes. 

Is today Tuesday?

After confirming the date, I frantically look through my email notifications as I panic over the idea I missed an email from the teacher canceling class.

How embarrassing.

From the corner of my eye, I catch my teacher stroll to the podium. He gives me a small smile as he wakes up the computer. 

"What a change from the first week, huh?" Mr. Jung laughs softly, giving a shake of his head. 

I smile, relaxing and opening up my notebook to look over last week's notes. 

Everyone else must be hanging out in the hall with their friends until it's time.

Slowly, people trickle into the room. Of all the groups, Taehyung's is the loudest to come in. Jiyoo is on her tiptoes holding an airpod to his ear as he bends over to meet her halfway, while Jimin throws an arm over his shoulder and tries to get Taehyung's attention back. Behind them was another guy and girl whose names I didn't remember since they didn't attend the same high school as us.

"One concert. I'm talking one." Jimin whines. 

Taehyung laughs, the back of his hand coming up to cover his mouth.

"I'll pay, bro." The guy behind insists with a pat to his back.

"Noooo," He whispers loudly with a shake of his head.

As his eyes scan the classroom, we lock eyes.

It takes me a couple of seconds to realize that I'm openly staring at them.

With a blush, I pull my eyes away and look down at my hands.

Taehyung reminds me that I'm not as invisible as I think.

"Let sit here. We can finally all sit in the same row." Jiyoo says as she walks into the row in front of me, the others behind her. 

I peek up and see Taehyung hold onto the chair next to her, gripping onto his backpack strap before turning around. 

In a snap, my eyes are on my notebook.

"Seolli." He crouches in front of my desk, arms over it.

"Hello," He greets in a low whisper.

I look at him, nervous at our proximity. It feels like my eyes dance all across his face, noticing details about him for the first time.

"Can I claim the seat next to you?"

I catch his friends expressions. They all look as confused as I feel, staring at Taehyung before exchanging looks with each other.

My cheeks burn. "U-um."

Taehyung raises his eyebrows, biting back a small smile.

Lifting one of his fingers, he bends it up and down before shaking it side to side.

Yes or no?

I tilt my head before lifting a finger.

If I say no, I might lose the opportunity of making a friend.

But if I say yes, I might make a couple of enemies.

Because Kim Taehyung's a reach to the stars (and I know better than to go searching in the sky when the ground's my limit).

Shyly averting my gaze, I bend my finger up and down anyway.

Taehyung laughs before gently tapping our fingers together.

I'm startled when he climbs over to the seat.

"Mr. Kim.... the desk..." Our teacher drawls in annoyance, tapping his pen against the podium.

"Taehyung!" his friends hiss, voices overlapping with Mr. Jung.

Taehyung ducks his head under his arms, hiding away. 

Mr. Jung begins lecturing, cueing everyone to turn around in their seats.

Ruffling his hair, Taehyung turns his face my way.

I pull my hand from the desk to place it on my lap, where I fiddle with my fingers. All the while, Taehyung keeps holding my gaze.

A small smile spreads across his face.

"I'm in your care now."

I give my finger a squeeze before nodding happily. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Author's note;;

This story hit 1k today - 240122. Thank you all for reading!
This is a slow burn so I hope you're all patient enough.
Also, I'd love to hear your thoughts about Seolli and Taehyung.

Please upvote and comment if you're enjoying the story :)