🌸 Boy Talk

April 30FridayYear 1 'Taehyung'

April 30
Friday
Year 1
'Taehyung'

I concentrate on the game in front of me for so long that my eyes water. Praying that the enemy team doesn't revive, I click as fast as I can with my mouse to initiate my attacks on their nexus.

We were so close to winning that I wasn't going to let one hand cramp stop me.

Seeing our champions destroy it, I exhale harshly and blink moisture back into my eyes.

"GG." Jimin throws his hands up in the air, scooting his chair back and spinning.

"Good," I tell him, feeling a cough coming on. "I didn't want to go home on a loss."

"I would've kept you here until we won." Jimin says seriously.

I snort, looking around the arcade. "You would've had to carry me out then."

He shrugs, throwing his arms out. "Whatever it takes, I'm no loser."

Picking up my phone, I check if I missed any notifications. There's a couple from my mom giving me details about "family" movie night, and asking if I want to join. I don't respond to any. After all, it's her family, not mine.

Clenching my jaw and closing my eyes, I take a deep breath and press a smile onto my face. I wait for anger to pass.

Maybe on the way home, I could take a different route.

My smile turns genuine as I think about the time I stopped by Seolli's window.

My phone chimes and I look at it with wide eyes.

Jiyoo Do you know what classes you're taking next semester?

My hope drops and I close my phone. My ears turning red, knowing who I wished texted me instead.

Jimin stares at me up and down.

I raise an eyebrow and look at him. "Yes?"

"Disappointed?"

"What do you mean?"

"That it's not a certain someone?"

I try to maintain a poker face, but Jimin found me out. My face flushes in annoyance and I turn my chair away. "I don't know who you're talking about."

He gets up and turns my chair to face him straight away. "When are you willing to admit it? Everyone knows."

"What do they know?" I raise my eyebrows, challenging. "Because I don't even know."

He flicks my forehead before sitting back down in his chair. "I won't say it out loud until you do. Besides, if I do, I think ten girls would drop dead."

"Shut up." I laugh and narrow my eyes at him.

"Don't believe me? Don't look now, but in the second row-"

I turn my head immediately and lock eyes with a group of girls who scurry around like they're playing.

"I said don't look!" Jimin sits up in his chair. "But they go to our college, don't they? I think they followed us after class."

I tilt my head, confused. "So?"

"Taehyung, I thought you were smart. Pff, they're not here for me."

"This is the closest arcade to the college."

Jimin laughs. "Dude, they're so out of place."

They were... But why would they be here for me?

I can't help but catch my reflection in the mirror behind Jimin. I avert my gaze away quickly, feeling vulnerable. I transformed 2 years ago, but my confidence hadn't entirely caught up.  

Jimin leans in closely with a smug look on his face. The look of trouble should just be permanently on his face.

Pulling my hood over my head, he tugs on the drawstrings so fast our noses bump against each others. One girl stands up and shouts, "Stop!"

I glare at him.

"Jimin, you're on our list." One girl chokes up and gets up to leave, the others getting up to follow her. It's comedic, but I still feel bad.

Jimin's eyes follow them. "See. Imagine the day you get a girlfriend."

I toss my phone from hand to hand, ready to leave. "Well, I won't get one soon."

Jimin agrees. "Yeah, she's too shy to date you."

I shove my phone in my pocket, annoyed at his assumption. "Because I have too much going on for a relationship."

"True, you'd be her first boyfriend and something tells me you'd break her heart."

I stare daggers his way, feeling heated. "I wouldn't do that!"

Jimin acts bored, looking at his nails. "You would. And you'd be too much for her."

"H-how?"

"For starters, could you hold yourself back? From kissing her? Touching her? Until she was ready?"

I lean over and place my face into my hands. He's right, I couldn't hold myself back so easily. I almost crossed the boundary the night of the concert. 

I wanted to kiss her. 

I wanted to kiss her when we were laying in the grass, and I wanted to kiss her before we went to sleep.

Worse, I wanted to just steal the kiss. If we were in a relationship, how could I control myself?

I stand up, face still in hands. "I'm going home."

Jimin gets up with a laugh, following me out. "You know what's funny?"

"Hmm?" Unamused, I push the door open, letting the fresh air cool my face.

Jimin smirks.

"I never mentioned her name, but you knew exactly who I was talking about."

____________

Author's note;;

Thank you guys for following the story! If you love the story, please spread the word or comment and like. It means a lot to me! Support is more important than ever these days on Wattpad. Rest easy, and don't forget to smile! A smile a day keeps the worries away!