Second

May 7 SundayYear 1

May 7
Sunday
Year 1

During my morning jog, I pass by the bridge to Taehyung's house.

As I peer over, I see a familiar motorcycle at the corner. A familiar person is deep in conversations with his friends.

They must be deciding where to ride. My father and his friends would love meeting up and deciding on new routes to race to.

I look down at the ground as I turn away.

Would I even say hi if he saw me? Are we even friends?

The roar of their motorcycles tell me they've started them up. One is coming closer to me until I feel their presence.

I see him attempting to match my pace. He grins widely. "Hi~"

Catching my breath, I wave.

His denim jacket opens and I stare in confusion.

Oh!

I stiffen and keep my eyes straight. Skin.

He throws his head back and tries to contain his laughter, a soft giggle coming from the back of his throat.

My face is heating up, and I hate it. It's summer and going shirtless isn't unusual.

"Sorry, let me button up."

I shake my head. "I-it's..."

He hops off his motorcycle. I shyly meet his gaze as he stands in front of me. Slowly, he buttons down his jacket. 

My eyes widen at his abs. He's dedicated!

His face is serious for a second until it melts into a playful grin. "There! Now you can look at my eyes and not my abs."

"I-"

"Kidding." He leans in to reassure me.

Of course. I smile while his still remains.

"Cute." He scrunches his nose as he comments. "But you probably hear that often."

Hm?

"Jeon!"

We both turn our heads over to a stocky guy with a cat-like expression as he yawns.

I look at motorcycle-guy with a hint of excitement in my eyes because I got his name.

He hushes his friend and hovers his hands over my ears. He's careful not to touch me, though, his fingertips brush against my ear. I hold my breath.

"C'mon~" Jeon whines.

His friend scoffs, but his lip curls up in amusement. "Meet you at Apsan."

He returns to me and points his finger at my face. "Don't think you won just yet. That's only my family name."

I place my hands behind my back and nod with a small giggle.

He squints his eyes at me playfully before dropping his hand down. "Well, I'm off to petrify the town and not just my family."

He sticks his tongue out before climbing back on his motorcycle. "Will you take me up on my offer to give you a ride this time?"

"Next time!" 

"Alright, next time! It won't be that long anyway." He kicks back the stand.

I tilt my head.

"Since I'm entering the community college next semester."

He winks as he leaves.

My eyes widen and I give a tiny wave.

My second semester of college might be more interesting than I expect. 

Author's Note;;

"Second" is a very fitting chapter title.